Everything related to Maxwell network rendering systems.
By davidhard
Hey,
I'm wondering if someone can tell me a better way to get the servers on my network to find HDR and texture files that I want to use in a networked render. Right now. I use the Pack and Go feature in MXStudio and then copy the folder with all of the texture files and HDR files along with MXS file to the servers so that I don't get the dreaded red FAIL. I then delete the folder on the servers after it's done. This was all working fine until recently when one of my servers could not find any of the associated files to do the job. It seems it has a hard time finding HDR files that I use for illumination. I've tried restarting the troubled server and it still can't find the files. The strangest part about that is the server that is having that problem is also the same computer that I do my work on and is also the same hard drive where I have my library of texture files and HDR files. Got any ideas?
By Mihai
Safest way is to save the Pack & Go in a shared folder which all machines can access. Then when you add the job, browse to the mxs file through the network so the path to the mxs is a network path, not a local path. Also specify the output of the mxi/image in the same way. Finally you can specify a bitmap folder when adding the job, in the same way so it's a network path.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]