Everything related to Maxwell network rendering systems.

Would you be interested in a low cost Maxwell render farm?

Yes
59%
NO
5%
Maybe if the price was right
37%
By daros
Matador Remote is ready to render with Maxwell.
It's a 3D software that allows you to have direct acces to a render farm.
At moment Matador has a 70 x 3Ghz renderfarm.
Other 80x2.6 ghz CPU's are ready to be added to the Matador Remote system.
for more information go at:
http://www.arkadin.biz
By pluMmet
What I don't understand is they have 70 processors and are getting another 80 = 150/4 = 37.5 (38 ) Maxwell licenses...They have spent $15,000 on Maxwell?
By pluMmet
and it costs 64 points- about 800 euros to render out a 3752x5568 frame? that seems excessive!
By DELETED
DELETED
By bakbek
WOW... are u sure about that 800 ?!?!?

seems to me it is cheaper to buy some boxes few more maxwell's and do it at home... 10 renders could cost you like a very good setup.
Last edited by bakbek on Mon May 30, 2005 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By pluMmet
the $800 is straight off their site: http://www.arkadin.biz : 75 credits is 975 euro and the render I mentioned is a 64 credit render...
By Maxer
Wow :shock: that is extremely expensive! It looks like this guy has spent a lot of capitol setting up his system and now he's trying to recoup on his investment. I'm still working on the numbers but I believe that in the limited capacity that I will have to do renderings my cost will be much much less.
By pluMmet
I might be up for letting people buy a few cpu hours as well.... I just got my farm running Maxwell :D 7CPUs @ 8 threads.
By daros
hi guys and thanks for your comments. Yes we already have the licenses for the first 70 cpu's.
Remote Matador is many new different things. All things together creates the product.

David Rossmann
By pluMmet
Sorry for sounding down daros. I'm sure that there are alot of people without the hardware they need and have important deadlines :D
By Kabe
Regarding the "first come, first served concept"...

This might be a way to differentiate between fast service and cheap price:

Make two price categories:

A. The job is rendered on a first come, first served basis.

B. The job is rendered as soon as the Pipeline of A Jobs is empty. In between B-Jobs there is a first come, first served policy is in place as well.

However, if somebody needs a job urgently, she or he can decide to pay the premium for an A-Job to get it done first.

Kabe
By bader
i ve been looking for you okey ill email you soon thx for finding me. hop ur the right person or the right #

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]