Everything related to Maxwell network rendering systems.
By R Paul Rogers
I have 5 full licenses and having problem when render multiple renders. So, my question is...if I have 5 standard licenses, how many renders(views) can i start from a singel mxs.file before it tells me that I run out of licenses. Or, is it depending on how many mxs-files that are open?????? What is 5 licenses??? I have tryed to understand how it works by having mor then 5 mxs files open, and of course more then 5 renders running at the same time. For the most I can render something like 8 renders from a singel mxs-file before it says stop. but when I go around in the office to shut down unnessesery open mxs-files and/or renders to get mor licenses for the importent projekts I still can´t start mor renders. It feels like the program dose a bad job in counting/relesing licenses in a network. Hope to get an answer!!! All the best// Niclas
By numerobis
There should be no limit for the number of renders at the same time... only your system recources. :D
One license per node - no matter how many renders you run at the same time.
There must be something wrong with your lics/install...
Last edited by numerobis on Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Aji Enrico
Hej Niclas

Start by looking into your license information.
Maxwell Render --> Help --> License info
Se if it allocates the licenses correctly on each machine, the seizing & releasing.

MVH Aji
By dariolanza
Hello Paul,

Having 5 licenses means that you can launch renders in 5 different machines. And in each computer you can launch as many renders as you want (only depending on your computer resources).

Keep in mind that you must paste the license file in all the computers in your network (using the Maxwell\License Info panel). If one computer doesn't have license, it won't be considered.

And also keep in mind that if a computer has more than one network card (NIC, wifi...) then some jobs will be submitted using one IP, and some others using the other, computer more than one licenses per computer.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Greetings

Dario Lanza
Hi Dario,

I had the same problem with the "Maximum number of licenses reached. Render cannot continue..." message popping up seemingly randomely during a network render.
It turned out that I had forgotten to turn off the wireless interface on the render slave. Turning it off solved the problem.

Thanks for the tip, but maybe it should be made clearer in the manual.
By giacob
dariolanza wrote:Hello Paul,

Having 5 licenses means that you can launch renders in 5 different machines. And in each computer you can launch as many renders as you want (only depending on your computer resources).

Keep in mind that you must paste the license file in all the computers in your network (using the Maxwell\License Info panel). If one computer doesn't have license, it won't be considered.

And also keep in mind that if a computer has more than one network card (NIC, wifi...) then some jobs will be submitted using one IP, and some others using the other, computer more than one licenses per computer.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Greetings

Dario Lanza
can u kindly explain this question:
suppose i have a standard ls and a node ls ..... i have to paste both licence on both the pc? or whath?
SS Pinto Bean

It's bean a while.... I don't know how to insert […]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

https://community.sketchucation.com/category/49/wi[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]