Add here your best high-quality Maxwell images.
Unbelievable! Amazing renders and you seem to cover all areas, product renders, interior/exterior design etc ! :mrgreen:
And I really liked the Katanas! (my favourite type of sword)
I've been wondering if the tempering (don't remember the correct term) patterns on the edge could be done in Maxwell and you proved that to me! :D
Thank you Lars.

And about the blade tempering pattern(I don't know the exact term too :mrgreen: ), I used a bitmap texture for the specular.
When I made the sword (It's a korean traditional admiral sword and we call it "Jang Goon Do"), there are so simple material slots in maxwell plugin material.
So I cannot remember the exact method, but I think I was made a pattern by using spline modeling and rendered it with scanline render of 3dsmax.
If you interested in the pattern, I can search the map in my deep backup disk. :)
sandykoufax wrote:but I think I was made a pattern by using spline modeling and rendered it with scanline render of 3dsmax.
If you interested in the pattern, I can search the map in my deep backup disk. :)
Oh, you don't have to go through a backup search, I havn't even started any sword design yet, but thanks! :D
But I'll have to remember that you got this great result with specular map, I thought the pattern had to be done with a mask for high and low carbon content steel (which would be way too complicated for me :oops: )

So the other sword is a Korean sword!? Never seen that before, actually thought it was in the Custom Sword category. Very nice and clean design!
Did you have access to a real "Jang Goon Do" and Katana for reference?

BTW
Also really like the Aztec car renders. I have a CarDesign book at home that has pics of it, and the SciFi look of it really fascinates me! :D
( It's so different from other concept cars of that time )
Hi Lars

If you say this sword, it's a "jang goon do". And I made this with some reference photos which I found the internet and knife shop and others.

but the actual design is not the original. I made this for the practice of maxwell render about 5years ago and I was a beginner of 3d program.(3dsmax)

And if you say this,

I don't know the exact name of it. because it's a sword from the korean movie "Duelist". So in this case, I don't have much reference photos.

When I made these images, maxwell render version is a beta(maybe). So there is no complicated materials.
I can find the scene file but I don't know it could be re-opened with current maxwell version.
I'll post texture later.

And about the car "aztec", I saw the car actually in the Seoul motorshow some years ago. I've taken many pictures and I made this with them.
My favorite concept car. :)
Thank you so much, JDHill.

Even though I'm mostly using other renderer for the work, but my favorite renderer was and is always maxwell and I'm doing my private work with it.

Lars,
here is my textures. You can see this is nothing special and very basic. I cannot open my old file, so I don't know what image exactly I've used.

Ah, so that was my mistake, I thought the "jang goon do" was a Katana. :D
Thanks for showing the maps, I think I'll try to make a sword during my vacation. Your images have been a great inspiration!

And you've actually seen an Aztec! (had a look in the book...pretty cool that it went into limited production. 255 cars were made...but they are probably hidden in collectors garage's :D )
The "for fun" images are extremely good, first one sure looks like a "view from my desk" and the camera one is very real!

Hm, the camera pic has green and red chromatic abberation at high contrast edges... is that effect created with Maxwell simulens or is it a photoshop plugin?
It's a cool thing that adds to the reality feel!
( I've spent a lot of time in AdobeCameraRaw to get rid of it from my own photos with "defringe" :wink: )
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]