Add here your best high-quality Maxwell images.
Update 7 September 2015

Hi

I would like to introduce my recent work:The Building on the Water / Álvaro Siza + Carlos Castanheira. I made it for practise and fun. The main purpose was to manage a huge 3d scene with a lot of artificial lights which grouped to easy manage in Maxwell Light Mixer system. After first shot I just made three next views later because I'm really impressed by this building shape. As always I tried to achieve something new as in my previous projects. Different light conditions, different moods... and a little accent with animals :)
Software used: modeling Modo 901, scene setup Cinema R15, rendering Maxwell 3.2, postpro Adobe CC, Red Giant Looks.
Thank you for viewing!

Regards
Marcin "Neb" Jastrzebski

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello

I would like to introduce my new project. It's a interior visualization of the Geology Museum - LeeMundwiler Architects. I made this image for my workshops which I'll be provide during the upcoming d2 Vienna architectural visualization conference at 19-20 September. I made this project in Modo 901 and new Maxwell 3.2. Postproduction: Adobe CC and Lightroom. I decided to make this image as B&W shoot.

Recent project - Faculty of Engineering + Information Technology / Denton Corker Marshall - Australia
Software used: Modo 901, Maxwell 3.1, Photoshop, Lightroom, After Effects and Red Giant Looks for postproduction.

https://vimeo.com/135196154

https://vimeo.com/135197054

Personal project . House Forest Retreat - Uhlik Architekti

https://vimeo.com/129485444

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 22 July 2014

Evermotion Challenge 2014 - Summer in the city - 2nd prize

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi

There are my next Maxwell renderings. I tried to achieve a very realistic renders and model style views. Such as a previous project I was trying to play with full 3D scenes. Render called "shaky hand" is a joke. I animated the camera and used a camera motion blur option. All views were stylized like a not perfect photographs mood a little. Volumetrics effects are Maxwell features.Thank you for viewing!

Cinema 4D R15, Maxwell 3, Photoshop, Red Giant Looks, Lightroom

Best regards
Neb

Flashlight view

Day light

Model self light

"Shaky hand" shoot :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello

I would like to start posting my finished projects here. There are my finished personal project visualization of the House O - Jun Igarashi Architects. I've decided to keep previous assumptions started by Matsubara project House in Matsubara. My main goal was again to check entire possibilities a new version of NextLimit Maxwell renderer software. I was trying to achieve realistic mood with simple but interesting for me modern building of the japan architecture. I
was playing with light, mood, weather and season. Every details of the whole scenes were created in 3D. I done final touch in 2D like colour corrections, contrast, final colour mood. I worked on that project about three months. All scenes were rendered from one to four PC machines. I know that many effects like steam, fog motion blur falling leaves for example it's simple to make with postproduction but as I said before I wanted to make all of those effects in pure 3d scene. There are a few workflow details below:

- most of terrain materials have a displacements ( ground, tarmac, kerbs, pavement )
- every moving objects like flying insects, falling leaves were made as moving objects and rendered with Maxwell object motion blur option. This part of my work was very interesting
- diffraction, fog, steam and volumatrics were rendered by Maxwell. Only few little glow effects ( expecially on last image ) I made by maxwell too.
- DOF - Maxwell
- most models taken from Evermotion, Viz People and CGAxis 3D collections

Software used: Modo 701, Cinema R15, Maxwell 3.0, Photoshop, Lightroom, Red Giant Looks.

Please watch a short film below which shows few scenes from that project .
Thanks for this forum members and NextLimit members for support me! Thank you for viewing!

Best regards
Neb

https://vimeo.com/100344077

https://vimeo.com/100551489

Last edited by Neb on Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:59 pm, edited 8 times in total.
By Mihai
Very nicely modelled! My comments would be rather towards materials and overall grading. Some images look almost hand painted instead of real. For example especially the first image you posted. The material on the building itself looks "dull" for some reason, without enough variation in reflectance. It doesn't seem metallic to me but more "even handpainted in Photoshop" if that makes sense....

Not sure if this is about the grading, or the overall glow added in post, but I feel if the center piece is ment to be the housing, the material used on it needs more work.

Most of the other renders look great though, I especially like the lamp post one with all the details, and the backlit vegetation one. It's a huge project anyway, nice work!
By Neb
Thank you for all inspiring to next work comments! :)
Mihai - thanks! During that project I decided to put into that a little my personal touch. Main facades of the building are metal painted matte material. I try to keep it matte but maybe you have right and they should be more reflective at autumn view :)
Thanks Neb, great project, great video. Was wondering about the volumetrics, especially the steam did you use a refractive material?

I find these mid-scale scenes so challenging, esp the transition between ground surfaces. Did you bake any UV'd AO maps, to use as weightmaps.

Would be great to see a raw render, out of curiosity. Great materials in that garden shot, and those waterdrops on the wires... awesome.

C4D + maxwell is a sexy combo :) (and your a genius too 8) )
By Neb
Here are two videos:

https://vimeo.com/100344077

https://vimeo.com/100551489 multilight night scene setup

Eric - thank you. For volumetric I used simple lambertian light gray material without refractive parameter. For ground covering by grass and other details I use Cinema weightmaps. I paint them directly in Cinema. In the second video you can see a night raw render.

Regards
Neb
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]