Add here your best high-quality Maxwell images.
By Kevron
Finally we are able to release our short film for all to view online. Its over a year since we made it, but we are still very proud of the fact that we managed to actually produce and complete a short little animation with Maxwell Render.

Here is the film:
https://vimeo.com/97313810

And here is the making of:
https://vimeo.com/66737879

Some stills:

Hope that you like it!

Regards,
Tor Martin Norvik
Director/Partner at tnl.as
By Kevron
Hi guys and thanks for your comments! We appreciate your feedback.

We did many rounds regarding the "look", and we went this route to stay true to the norwegian film "Døden på Oslo S/The death on Oslo S" from the eighties. Its a cult classic here in Norway, but the budget was rather low. So the lighting is a lot of bad daylight (overcast) and just ambient shadows.

But its cool that you speak your mind, thats the best way to do it :)
By Mihai
Congrats on finishing it :) I think it's pretty funny, especially towards the end. Was there any motion blur on the dog as he is walking away?

Regarding the making of, I was interested how you did the extinguisher smoke but that's not in there :) Is it a comped video of smoke?
By Kevron
Thanks Mihai :)

The dog is without motion blur. This was Maxwell 2.7 and using MB with fur did not work well for us. And we was not able to produce a motion vector pass either. But if you see any smearing in the frames where the dog walks - it could be the results of applying reel smart motion blur in post. (It's over a year ago, so I am a bit unsure about the details)

The smoke is turbulence fd driven by x-particles. All is done and rendered in Cinema 4D.

Cheers!
Tor M

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]