Add here your best high-quality Maxwell images.
By Nasok
Hey guys, finally I found some time to do it, rather than spreading some random images across the gallery section.
So here are some works that I did since 2012 .. I started learning maxwell :) was quite tough, but I found it very organic and sort of natural way to do the materials .. although it took a while to understand :)
Your CCs are always welcome.

V5
Check out page 4, if you want to get that Chocolate Maxwell material 🙌🏼

Maxwell Render V4:
check out WIP / Substance to Maxwell thread if you want this 3D model / material (of course for free)

Free Pack of base wood materials - https://www.artstation.com/artwork/qGQee

Maxwell Render V3:

One day project.
Basically tried to see how new feature with IOR priority will work on bubbles (which were done with maxwell scatter)

New ones (with RealFlow)

Check out the making-of by clicking on the image below.

Thanks, 🙌🏼
Tim.
Last edited by Nasok on Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:43 am, edited 31 times in total.
By Nasok
Hey, Wiredupbook, thanks, it depends on a workflow. Last days I'm using Maxwell studio to get procedurals .. like in second D&G project .. I used texture for a tiny displacement and a procedural for colour variation.

Beside that Maxwell studio is mainly useful when you're using apps like rhino, solid works and etc, as they simply don't have texturing or uv mapping tools. So it comes out quite handy in CAD workflow. In my case I'm using Maxwell studio for print production, when I'm asked to deliver 1m x 1m with 300 dpi (for some reason) well .. it much easier to output it com Studio to render farm (especially if you have a refractive object with, complex displacement, for instance) so I just export everything via MXS plug in and it works like magic :)

Oh, and actually sometimes I was exporting everything to Studio for lighting purposes, I love the way HDR Light Studio works with Maxwell (via FIRE) it's so convenient to tweak it there in Studio. So it really depends.
By tom
Alsolutely gallery stuff!!! 8)

P.S. The Pantene cap material seems not refracting correctly. This could be either if Nd=1 or Roughness=100 (or very close). ;)
By Nasok
Hey tom, thanks man :)

Oh come on .. that was on of my first (probably, second) renders with Maxwell .. I used CAD geometry from Solidworks .. it was in July 2012 :) For the cap I guess it was just basic plastic ..or you mean the transparent part ? not sure if I remember the settings but it think at that time .. I was struggling a bit with materials (I came from Mental Ray) so I was extremely happy when I found tons of materials online ..I guess I just used simple plastic with forced transpareny :) I agree doesn't really looks like frosted plastic. But at that time I could not get the way SSS works .. the only think that I did there .. I was tinkering around with label material as I wanted foil pattern to be a separate layer so it'll be a separate material .. and then I wanted to have a different foil - the orange rectangle ... this was the first time when I did something with layers. . everything else was, I guess just presets.

Tim.
By tom
Oh yes, you mean the layer transparency. Now, it makes sense! But overall, your renders are very pleasing to look at! :)
By Nasok
Yeah :)

Thanks tom, I'm so excited, it is a great pleasure to hear such a nice feedback from you and other people in this forum. You guys ROCK! such an amazing work and renders everyone does. It really motivates to render today better than yesterday.

Thanks,
Tim.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]