Add here your best high-quality Maxwell images.
By ridenho
Thought I would start sharing some images.

Kitchens

Exteriors

Last edited by ridenho on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:01 pm, edited 8 times in total.
By Bubbaloo
I'd say some of the objects need more modeled detail (like the window frame). More beveled edges will help. The lighting could also be improved if you're looking for a magazine photo shoot type lighting. There are some dark spots.
By ridenho
Thanks,

Any suggestions on interior lighting settings? I'm using the Sketchup plugin for the kitchen interiors and using EV at about 6. Are there better settings for interiors with natural lighting? I ran this to a SL of 20, probably going to have to increase that as well.
By hatts
I don't actually think there's much to worry about re: interior lighting right now. The primary thing holding back realism is like Bubbaloo said, the detailing. Basically everything needs a bevel or two.

There are also some material oddities: the knife block is awkward, and the knives themselves, including the one on the cutting board, are a bit flat. The chairs in the second image seem to have no texture at all. Also the texture tiling is way too small and noticeable on the cabinets.

But like I said I don't think you're too far off on the interior lighting, looks pretty good IMHO.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]