Add here your best high-quality Maxwell images.
By eric nixon
The Automaton with the louvre-moonlight looks great, can you explain that lighting a little, is it a very distant emitter?

Also the weathering according to topology is perfect, did you use that auto-topo texturing trick, cant remember what to call it, where is that thread?...
By jfrancis
The topologically driven textures come from ZBrush mask-by-cavity, by-smoothness, by-peaks-and-valleys. Whatever I can make work best. The ZBrush mask becomes a texture and the texture gets used in Maxwell as a layer mask, or roughness mask, or whatever seems best.

The louvres are modeled from simple dark rectangular planks, and the emiter is small enough and far enough away to cast recognizable louvre shadows, but large and close enough to make them a bit soft.

The cracks in the face come from my collection of crackle paint textures (free for all) and they are used as a subtle displacement map.

The weird texture in the metal is from the Photoshop 'reticulation filter' which I'm liking quite a bit. Or it may have been derived from a slab of speckled granite. I forget which, now. I used both at one point or other.
By eric nixon
Ah yes ZB, the missing link, Thanks.

Those crackle textures are nice but I couldnt see how to download, (Do I need to log in to flicker?) So I was pressing printscreen to grab something that way :?
By jfrancis
eric nixon wrote: Those crackle textures are nice but I couldnt see how to download, (Do I need to log in to flicker?) So I was pressing printscreen to grab something that way :?
I logged out of flickr just to make sure. Then I revisited the link.

You need to pick an image. (click on it)

Then when you have a single image large and to the left, look for three mysterious dots ooo to the right. Mouse over them and you'll get "More Actions"

Downloading is offered there.
By jfrancis
I almost didn't do the Venetian blind thing, because it is a bit overdone, but I wanted something fast. I considered tree branch shadows through the window. Photoshop is loaded with free procedural trees now. They come already with masks. Would have been easy to make into shadow casters, but I went for the blinds instead.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]