Add here your best high-quality Maxwell images.
By Mr Whippy
That is seriously nice 3d modelling and rendering :shock:

:D

Dave
By GM5
Just too good... amazing body of work.

-Greg
By ernchesto
It's beautiful outside and these images are *almost* better!
Amazing collection that shows some serious detail and devotion (and great software).
Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
ernchesto
By lebbeus
oh my :shock:

how did you do the carpet? some sort of paint effects type thing that was baked to the mesh?
By Tora_2097
@lebbeus: Correct. 3ds max hair and fur modifier, turned to real geometry. 5 million polys in total. MXS was just under 450 MB
Original was renderd in 4k with multilight and all bells and whistles activated, MXI turned out to be only 1.2 GB.

Regards,

Ben
By NicoR44
Extremely fantastic updates Ben!!
By silba
Wow! superb quality renderings and compositions. Some of the best work I have in here or anywhere else for that matter.
By bakbek
Tora_2097 wrote:@lebbeus: Correct. 3ds max hair and fur modifier, turned to real geometry. 5 million polys in total. MXS was just under 450 MB
Original was renderd in 4k with multilight and all bells and whistles activated, MXI turned out to be only 1.2 GB.

Regards,

Ben
That is one great image among many other great images... how long did it cook - SL??, and what are the computer specs used. how many channels did you have in the multilight?

cheers
By Tora_2097
@bakbek: 60h on a Xeon quadcore 3GHz @4k resolution, SL level 16.5. 6 multilightslider. SL 16 was actually not enough for the daylight version(will post tomorrow), but I needed those renders so I quit rendering early (relatively speaking, hehe)
This was in fact the biggest and most complex scene I have ever tortured maxwell with. :)

regards,

Ben
By Bubbaloo
Tora_2097 wrote:@bakbek: 60h on a Xeon quadcore 3GHz @4k resolution, SL level 16.5. 6 multilightslider. SL 16 was actually not enough for the daylight version(will post tomorrow), but I needed those renders so I quit rendering early (relatively speaking, hehe)
This was in fact the biggest and most complex scene I have ever tortured maxwell with. :)

regards,

Ben
How much ram do you have at your disposal? Also, what OS are you running this on? Did I mention it is stunning?
By Tora_2097
Our machines all have 4GB of RAM and are running on winXP prof 64 bit for the workstations and win server 2003 for the blades.
But I could not go further, I increased the resolution step by until it was barely able to start. Ram usage was at 2.6GB only after voxelization, and around 3.7GB during rendering.
I think I had barely enough memory left to open a notepad or MS paint at best. :lol:

Ben
By Mattia Sullini
SUPERB! And so elegant....absolutely top class
(and those pillows....oh my...)
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]