Add here your best high-quality Maxwell images.
By Hervé
wonderful render Thomas... 8)
By killian2828
Fantastic render and materials!
By Thomas An.
By Thomas An.
The new SSS system is much more powerful that the one in 1.6

(An early SSS test scene)

By Maximus3D
That is impressive Thomas :shock: what was the rendertime for that and what hardware did you render it with ? :)

Please do show more examples and tests if possible.

/ Max
By 4 HeRo
Bestest 3D Orange Juice ever :D
By jespi
Really great Thomas!
By adman
Stunning Thomas, but how long and on what?
Can't wait to play with the new SSS.

Adman
By ivox3
Impressive Thomas , ...but why didn't you decide to do the seemingly impossible milk render ? :)
By Thomas An.
Guys, that was an early test. I never keep time tracking on such stuff.
The SSS received a couple of rounds of refinement after that anyway.
By pluMmet
The o.j. looks great :D
By Eric Lagman
Nice OJ Thomas. Quick question. Regarding the liquid in glass diagram that you drew that was a great discovery quite a while back. Does the same approach apply with the "Glass" portion being sss material and the "Liquid portion being a standard dielectric. Say your cup was translucent plastic and inside was water basically. Hope that makes sense.
By Thomas An.
Eric Lagman wrote:Nice OJ Thomas. Quick question. Regarding the liquid in glass diagram that you drew that was a great discovery quite a while back. Does the same approach apply with the "Glass" portion being sss material and the "Liquid portion being a standard dielectric. Say your cup was translucent plastic and inside was water basically. Hope that makes sense.
All bets are off with SSS (I doubt it works the same) ... but I have not really studied this to the same lengths as the regular liquid+glass.

[speculation]
Somehow I don't think the SSS calculation stops unless it encounters a corresponding exit surface. This means that once a ray enters an SSS volume it may keep producing SSS even if it encounters a sub-object (enclosed liquid) ... (as if it turns ON/OFF only when it encounters opposing normals of the same surface).
[/speculation]
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]