By oz42
In the next version of the plugin would it be possible to have a 'trianguate on export' option please. I have had problems in the past of the model not being watertight for rendering with sunlight - http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/view ... hp?t=27302 although the model was constructed correctly. In this instance I had to triangulate the mesh in order for it to render correctly.

I'm working on another project and it's happening again! The trouble is triangulating the model in XSI and keeping it triangulated make the whole thing look a mess and causes problems when manipulating meshes that were nicely setup as quads.

Would it be possible to have the plugin triangulate the model on export so that the XSI scene remains unchanged but the mxs is triangulated for correct rendering.

TIA.
By Mihai
All the objects are already triangulated on export though....it's just some objects that don't triangulate properly, I haven't found out why...
By oz42
Can you see any solution to this problem or is it a case of manually triangulating problem scenes?
By Mihnea Balta
We get triangles from the XSI SDK, so it's either a problem with the way we're asking for geometry in the plug-in, or the triangulate command is not using the same code as the SDK. If you can strip down the trouble scene and send me a copy, I'll try to figure out what's going on.
By Mihnea Balta
Thank you for the test scenes you sent. I've tried them, but I didn't see any differences between rendering with the objects as they are and rendering after triangulating the objects.

Maxwell 1.7 includes some changes and fixes in the voxelization code which could affect this. Can you render the scenes with this version and see if the problem persists?
By oz42
Mihnea,

I've tried the scene in 1.7 and it still has the problem.

This is the scene with the ceiling bulkhead (highlighted in white) not triangulated. It's still watertight and all the polygons are quads. You can clearly see the sunlight leaking in through a crack.

but once I've triangulated the bulkhead, everything is fine!

Any ideas??
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]