By AAA
Hi all

In the tut video global scale is set at 0.02 as I guess this is because the Bi model is rather large

Ok we use 1 xsi unit - 1 metre as a rule so setting a scale of 0.02 would make any work rather small in MW? so I'm guessing that a scale of 1 for global will be ok?

Reason I ask! everything is looking very soft

Thanks
By Mihnea Balta
If global scale is 1, all the distances, positions etc. are passed to Maxwell exactly as they are in XSI, so if you're modeling with 1 XSI unit = 1 meter you should be fine. Maybe the softness is due to camera settings, like the location of the interest point?
By AAA
Ok thanks

*location of the interest point?* how does this effect MW render? as when we move that about it has little efffect on DOF, what is the correct way of using this

Thanks
By Mihnea Balta
The focal distance is computed as the distance between the camera position and the location of the camera interest point. If you want to make sure that an object is in focus, either manually place the camera interest locator on the surface of that object or use the "frame selected" command while looking through that camera.

You can also input the focus distance manually in the Maxwell camera attributes.
By cyberjuls
So one xsi unit = 1 meter in maxwell? Am i right?
By Mihnea Balta
Yes, but if you use a different convention when modeling you can adapt it by using the global scale render parameter.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]