By fishe
Hi, o Know that this isnt the right place to do it, but anybody can help me , because i dont know how to export a file from autocad to maya 6.5??or import from maya a file from CAD?? I tried to do "IMPORT" on Maya and nothings apears...
THks you
By gutaker
what version do u use?
what format ure exportin to?

peace :)
By fishe
I want to export a file from Autocad 2006 (dwg) to MAYA version 6.5

Please help me cause its urgente,, I have to delivery the work int the next week,

THank you all :D
By Maya69
export in autocad 2004 or 2000

dwg is good

you can export in 3ds and with bonus tools you can import in maya

or the best way you buy deep, explorateur it is the best soft for tanslate any format

best regard

ps active a plug in ???
By Neil Evans
I import dwg files into maya 6.5 all the time. As Maya69 says, make sure the plugin is loaded. Also bear in mind that the plans come in vertically so you will not see them in the top view. You may also need to mess with the clipping planes if the cad file is big.

Hope this helps.
By fishe
I already tried to import into maya dwg file, and the plugin was loaded, and it only appeared half of the draw in 3d, and maya went too Low ( the dwg file have just 1M sise) and its impossible to work.

Neil Evans, when you import dwg files into maya you simply do "IMPORT" and chose .dwg file ( whith the plugin loaded) ? Because I do that and it happens what I discribe above.

Maya 69 the "bonus tool" is a program or a plugin?

Thks ppl for help :D
By Neil Evans
Yes, I just use import.

I know there is a bug in Maya 6.5 with regards to large acad files, they take ages to save but I have never had any problems with small files.

Only seeing half the cad plan sounds like you have your front, back, top, perspective planes too close to the cad file. Do a show all, then move the planes out a bit. As for maya slowing down, have you left hatching etc in the acad file? I usually strip out all the hatching, text dims etc.
By fishe
I dont understand. Now I saved the dwg file in autocad in the version 2000 Lt, and imported in MAya, and Now almost all the 3d draw apears, but Maya stil too low...
Know what?? I am going to learn Maxwell and give up from Maya ehehehe

:lol:
By Neil Evans
Check you inbox I have just sent you PM with my e-mail address. Send me the file and I will have a look for you.

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]