By DIA
I cant put on any texturemaps at all .. please help me .
it must work because i´ve seen those pictures some people made with maxwell..so how do i apply textures and can i see them if i hit keypad 6 in maya ? :?
By iker
You just can map the "Color Map" "Bumping Map" and "Reflection Map" for the MXDiffuse shader.

Diffuse Material Attributes
Color--------> (change only the color, not to be mapped)

"Maps"
Color Map................. (image)
Bumping Map.............(image)
Reflection Map............(image)
By DIA
thx for all your help guys :) well it´s a little disturbing to put the textures in colormap because you dont see the texture in the wiew port ..but what the heck..it`s just an alpha so far :)
How can i control the textures to fit them to an uv map for exampel ?
is it the same way like before ?
My english i hate it ..hehe

thx for your support again:)
By DIA
okey .. i will try that :D thanks
I love this renderer and i know i gonna marrie me to it when it`s finished :D
By Takumi Takahashi
Using Maxwell Object (MxObject node) and hitting on "Create Channel" seemed to work for me.

1) Select a Poly object
2) Assign Maxwell material (ie MxDiffuse)
3) Select menu : Maxwell > Attributes > Maxwell Object (MxObject node attached to the poly object)
4) Choose the mapping channel ( but bump doesn't seemed to work for me, still a bug ?) by hitting one of "Create Channel" button in MxObject1 in Attribute Editor.
5) Go to MxDiffuse in Attribute Editor, open maps section , choose the file texture for appropriate channel you created in previous step.
6) Windows > UV Editor and adjust UV.

Correct ?
By iker
I just can see a green mosaic if I do it this way (on the UVEditor)
MXDiffuse bump works, try to increase bumping strength
Difusse Glossy and Specular doesn't work for me.
By Takumi Takahashi
I meant to render with textures, not previewing in a viewport - sorry.

Maybe copying UV between topologically identical objects may work...

1) Duplicate the original object (A)
2) Assign Maya material to duplicated object (B) + texture map on color
3) Tweak UVs on the object (B) using UV editor
..or toggle texture on the viewport for much more interactive tweaking.
4) Copy Uvs of object (B) + paste UVs back to object (A) ..
  Use Polygons > transfer (Uv sets) to copy UV values.
5) Be sure to create an invisible layer and assign the object(B) to this
so it will not get rendered. This way you can keep it so further more tweaking can be applied later.

I know this is not an ideal workaround, unless Maxwell dev guys can implement Maya Material like hardware texturing for MX materials.
By abgrafx3d
DIA wrote:I cant put on any texturemaps at all .. please help me .
it must work because i´ve seen those pictures some people made with maxwell..so how do i apply textures and can i see them if i hit keypad 6 in maya ? :?
Here's my workflow:

First I use a Maya material (lambert or blinn) and assign my textures as usual so I can see the textures and fix my UVs using the viewport and UV texture editor. If I use any procedural textures, then I use convert to file texture.

After everything looks good, then I create the Maxwell materials and assign the textures (same used in the Maya materials) to the appropriate channels (color, bump, etc.).

It's an awkward workflow, but it works. Hopefully this will be fixed in a later version where you can view Maxwell materials.

Hope this anwers your question.

-Wayne
By abgrafx3d
AntonW:

I haven't been able to tile textures (repeat UVs) using the place2d node. The only way I've gotten UVs to repeat is to do a texture projection (planar, cylindrical, etc.) and then adjust the projection width and height until I get the repeat that I want. I haven't gotten the "maya polygon mesh" error message.

BTW - I checked out your site - nice work.
By abgrafx3d
AntonW:

I had this problem too. I deleted the "XBMLANGPATH" and the "MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH" environment variables and then recreated them and then everything was ok - not sure what caused the problem tho. Maybe a bug but everything has been ok since then.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]