By 3dtrialpractice
HEy If anyone else is part of the ALias eSupprot package as a PLATNIUM Memeber maya 7 is alaviable for download form ALIAS!!!

http://www.alias.com/glb/eng/support/maya.jsp

I've downloaded MAya 7 and am Anxiously waiting MAXWELL mayall for MAYA 7 update!!

WOOhOO!!!

-Luke
By ludenhud
Yeah this is truly great, but when will this update for maxwell be released? In october??
By 3dtrialpractice
hmm i dunno, but im willing to count that it will be updated soon maybe, From the sound of his posts Lisux seemed to be workin on updates to mayall, and as long as they get the maya 7 sdk they sound be able to resave it as a maya 7 plug.
Im being pretty patient with NL for now, It sounded like things got Blow a bit outr of proportion int the forum about what will and wont be out before october. Ive taken some time reading throught it, and one of the last post by Oscar said something to the extent that There wont be new features ( ie the car paint shader for the final release and new features maybe like clouds) but the post also says there will still be updates, im thinking they will update it to 1.22b or something and have working clipmaps. And there were a few posts by Tom saying not to threat there still will be updates still, stuff like clipmap fixes.

So im thinking Nextlimit does not want to make public things like new shaders and sky features for the sakes of privacy for their work. I think looking throught the posts essp in the user gallery and maxwell render forum sections, there have definatly been some share of suspisous post coming from peiople that sound like they have pirated p2p verisons of maxwell. I think the p2p networks definatly hurt companies develping software such as maxwell, You know, since nextlimit was so cool in updating these maxwell builds on Fridays, those build almsot imediatly got a chance to be distributed to Pirated networks, so there is less demand from the people to buy the software and also realeasing new features and then having them spread out definatly hampers the productivity of the NL crew. So I'm thinking its a good thing that they arnt making new build available on the public Maxwell download page to help Punch they final realease Suprises. You know its like being able to play with your Xmas gift, sharing it with people and then rewrapping it and putting it back under the tree.

I remeber there was one post during the alpha build that someone had asked a question and had marked out with red the license information. To me this is suspicious, if youve bought the license then you dont have a reason for covering up the name of who's it licensed to. anyway im NOT ACCUSING ANYONE of pirating, but its a big problem for software thats Final and done, but it mist be a huge Killer on developing software, Its sad cuz maxwell being the $400 it is a Great deal.

anyways, I'm hopefull for Updates, and again not trying to blame anyone but to me Maxwell is Great now for the exeption of the climmap weirdness, and hopefully we'll see a maya 7 mayall soon.

But im gonna keep up the rendering til sumtin new.

-Luke
By ludenhud
Damn cant there be any official release date ???
Im dying not knowing whene or if...
By ludenhud
samadam wrote:
ludenhud wrote:Damn cant there be any official release date ???
Im dying not knowing whene or if...
consider it october 31.

and then when it comes out early, it will be a happy surprise.
Yeah but one physical impossibility NL cant seem to solve is the way of deliver clear messages.
By Maya69
just a little question of maya 7

i read in your site maya have a toon render

i think this inreality is tomcat render ?

what a difference with tomcat render ?
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]