By tom
beeeeeers please :lol:
By joie
NURBS is the best tool for making some things like bottles or glasses and things like that, I use NURBS every time, so if you want Maxwell to be wide range used in the industry you must let him understand NURBS.
By Takumi Takahashi
In ID and Automotives are mostly based on B-Splines and NURBS is still industry standard. Poly conversion is the only way to go right now, and that would cause my data to increaase 5 to 10 times the original file size.
Poly conversion usually gets really nauseating when you are working in NURBS world. As I posted many times in the past, NURBS is the must wish list for Maxwell in design field related work. If Solidworks plug-in is already supported NURBS, why not for Maya.

Btw - just so you know - Alias Studio Tools > Maya is the combinations most car companies use. Rhino is coming up fast but still Studio has the history with Automotives for more than a decade.
By iker
I completly agree with Takumi, but I remember a thread that NL said Nurbs would be supported in Maya in the future, so don't desperate :wink:
By mverta
iker wrote: so don't desperate :wink:
I think perhaps you meant, "don't despair." ;)

_Mike
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]