By Ernesto
Win 64bits maya 7 Maxwell 1.7
Exported maxwell file from Maya pluggin, get stucked in low priority, and render fails due to material errors, if edited in stuio.

Ernesto
By Mihai
If you're working with mxm files downloaded from the mxmgallery, some of them may have problems with finding the textures used in them, depending on how the user packed them. Before importing them into Maya, or using them in Studio. Double click the mxm so it opens in MXED and it will tell you if it can't find any of the textures. Locate the textures included in the download when MXEd asks you to locate them, then press the Save and Close button in MXED. Now you can use these materials and you won't get any texture errors.

Or, after downloading a material, move the texture included in the package in the same folder as the mxm. Open the mxm in MXED again just to make sure you don't get any erorrs.

Or, move the textures to your usual texture folder, open the mxm in MXED and locate the textures, save the mxm.

About the Low priority, what do you mean by 'gets stuck'?
By Ernesto
Mihai,

I am working with Arroway materals that comes with Maxwell. Downloaded together with the software fro the ofitial download site. Do I need to check their texture path ?

Regarding the LOW PRIORITY stucked, I mean that I creted a 3dmodel in Maya and exported to Maxwell, in order to be opened in studio, and this particular file, (as any other file exported from the Maya Plggin in WinXp) seems to get Stucked in Low Priority mode. I caan change it in Studio, but it will render at Low Priority no matter the Studio settings.

Ernesto
By Mihai
Did you also download the Maxwell Render Materials Database from the Download page, in the Additional Contents tab? All the textures are in that zip file. If it's texture errors you get, the first thing you should check is if the textures are actually in that folder where MXCL is looking for them. If they are not then download that zip file.

About the Low Priority, I just checked from Studio 1.7.1 XP64 and if I uncheck Low priority it renders in Normal priority. I don't know why that is happening for you. In any case it's no big deal, it will still render using all the CPU even in Low priority, it will just allow you to work smoother on the computer at the same time in case you need to. So I always have Low priority checked.
By Ernesto
Yes Mihai,

I am using those materials in the zip file.
In fact they are in the right folder (as far as i know) because maxwell Studio can find them without problems.
The error appears only when I try to render from Maya to Maxwell.
Now I am switching to a Winxp32 and it seems that it works fine. So the problems finding the textures have to do with Winxp64.... (perhaps I should reinstall windows 32 bits again to get rid of these problems)

Regarding the Low Priority thing: I thought that the render would be slower in that mode...
If that is not the case I can live with this fixed lw priority I guess.

Ernesto
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]