By cgbeige
I need to render portions of this scene but I've had two major shifts of elements when exporting from this scene so it's not possible without finicky realignment. If you look at this image, it shows a Maya software fog pass overtop the Maxwell render:

The software render crossbow is in the correct spot but the Maxwell one isn't. It was exported from Maya 2009 as an MXS and rendered from mxstudio (OS X). I've tried repeatedly but I can't get the shift not to occur and I've seen the same problem with other elements from this project. Anyone have any idea how to avoid this?
By cgbeige
I should note that the shift doesn't happen if just render from Maya to mxcl. I've tried loading the temp file from these successful renders into studio but the shift seems to happen when opening in studio since the problem persists.
This is an older problem, in some cases Studio misinterprets the object transformations and moves objects around. The only workaround at the moment is to freeze the transformations on everything before exporting.
I mean it's been here since 1.5 as far as I know. Actually, several Studio bugs could result in this behavior and most of them were fixed in 1.7.1, but some remain. The last ones should be addressed in 2.0 (this area is being tested right now).
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]