By Mihnea Balta
cream wrote:when will the maya 8.5 64bit plugin be released?
The installer already contains 64-bit Windows versions of the plug-in for Maya 8.0 and 8.5.
cali3d wrote:no matter how I do it .. and it messed up my 8.0 installation aswell
Do you have an Intel or PPC Mac?
By Boris Ulzibat
Wrong architecture means the plugin is PPC and you have Intel Mac. Try installing the 8.5 installer again and load the plugin in Maya8.0.
By nachob
Sorry guys, we released an installer for maya 8.5 for mac that was not good, it installed the library for maya 8.0 instead of the one for maya 8.5 UB. We have already solved the problem and the file in the download area is already corrected.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

nachob
By cali3d
Well not quite, cause I now installed the new and "corrected" one, now it loads the plugin in Maya 8.0 but I get this message :

// Error: Cannot find procedure "maxwellRegister". //
// Warning: waitCursor stack empty //
// Error: Cannot find procedure "maxwellPostSceneLoad". //

and the plugin is not loaded for real, like in "available to choose as renderer via the UI".

in Maya 8.5 I get this message:

// Error: Unable to dynamically load : /Users/Shared/Autodesk/maya/8.5/plug-ins/maxwell.bundle
does not match the current architecture //
// Error: does not match the current architecture //
// Error: does not match the current architecture (maxwell) //

And it doesnt load at all.

So something is still wrong :'(

BTW, I am in IntelMac.
By nachob
You are completly right, the 8.5 version last updated is not UB, we are solving it as fast as possible to upload a corrected one in some minutes. But the problem with 8.0 can be a problem with the apple installer taht didn't install some of the items. Be sure to delete all the plugin files for maxwell in the icons, plug-ins and scripts folders of Maya 8.0. and run the installer. Be sure all items are checked in the Custom install option before pushing install.

nachob
By nachob
Already uploaded again. Let's hope all the problems will be solved with this one.

Sorry again.

nachob
By cream
im running windows XP 64 with Maya 8.5 64.

the installer dosnt have anything for Maya 8.5 64. it only list 32bit

is there more then one installer for windows?
i feel like im taking crazy pills :shock:
By Mihnea Balta
There's only one installer. After you press "Next" it should display the install locations for 32-bit Maya version (from 6.5 to 8.5). If you don't have any 32-bit Maya installed, it will just display blanks. Pressing "Next" again should ask you about the location of 64-bit Maya 8.0 and 8.5. This is how it should look if you only have the 64-bit Maya 8.5 installed:

Do you get different results?
By cali3d
And now the OSX version work on IntelMacs and version 8 + 8.5 :)

Thanks for the battle :) and for fixing things so fast
By cream
ahh thanks heaps Mihnea Balta :D

i don't see why they couldn't put it all on one page. But the main thing is that its there.
By 3dtrialpractice
Might help if just in the installer text just put in a liine that says 64 bit installer options next page
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]