I dont know if its a plugin-bug, or a Maxwell bug, but the sun-system and cordinates is not correct.

Yesterday, I worked on a Architect-contest.
I know where the building was about to be built and found the longitude and latitude values after 1 min googling.

But, when rendering, The Sun was way to high up (straight from above). Its not like that here in sweden. And when I changed the Time, the sun moved in the wrong direction. Nothing worked as in real life. Its like the longitude and latitude-values was taken from the oposite side of the earth (down under).

Anyone noticed that its not correct, or am I doing something wrong?

// Tobias

UPDATE
Ok, I was wrong.... :oops:
I googled the long and latitudes for the City, and when I did my test again today, I tought I would look up those settings again. And I found out that the webpage I found have swapped all numbers, så Longitude was actually Latitude. Sorry guys... The sun-position seems to be correct. :oops:

BUT, when I did my test I found 4 wierd things.

Settings:
Turbudity: 3.000
Ozone: 0.350
Water: 2.000
Latitude: 57.680
Longitude: 14.671
GMT Offset: 1
Day of year: 180
Hour: 01:00 - 24:00

1: I cant set the time between 24:00 and 01:00 (example: 00:30)
2: 24:00 is incorrect. Check out my renders and you will understand.
3: I cant keyframe the time. :(
4: Colors MUST be wrong. Sky IS blue all over the sky during the summer. In my renders here, No hint of blue colors.

So, whats with this last render?
Last edited by SunlightRocker on Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Neil Evans
Interesting, I was just about to do some sunlight tests tonight. I'll have a look..
By Neil Evans
Right, assuming that North is up, ie to the top of the screen, it seems to be working ok. I have just done a test using the coords for our house and in the afternoon the garden is in shadow, which it is.. I'll do a few more tests.
By SunlightRocker
I dont have time to prove anything today, But I did a quick test again, and its not correct. I will prove it tomorrow morning. Looking forward to it. :D lol

See you then.
By deri
I did notice that latitude/longitude were the wrong way around with the plugin, which tended to make of interesting results (eg the Uk became Madagascar), although that is now fixed in my current version.
By cali3d
what boggles me a bit is that the light shinging after dark/in the evening is still sunlight, but its should be more white/blue as light from the moon.. is that just me ?
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]