By renbry
Hi,
I've been wanting to play with an animted scene i have set up and in the last build released i can now export this scene and watch it render. Thats the part that is working for me. The part that isn't is when i watch the render save the image OVER the previous - the batch is not padding the frameouts.

eg, MyRender.tga (for frame 1)
MyRender.tga (for frame 5)

is this issue known amongst everyone here or have i set up something incorrectly?

Thanks!
By Neil Evans
Hi

I've run several animation tests with the latest release and so far I haven't had the problem.

Cheers

Neil
By renbry
do you have to use any special command line flags when you output your sequence from maya? do you use the automatic batch creation method through clicking "Render Sequence" ?

I have set my image as "DOF" and padding format as "name#.ext"

but still it overwrites itself each frame. DOF.tga is the only frame.
By Neil Evans
I have used the automatic render sequence, it seems to work ok. I mainly use the network rendering solution as we have Maxwell set up on our render farm. Hope this helps...
By i-d
Yep, same here.
By Kevin
Edit: The following only happends if you choose file>export all instead of export scene from the maxwell menu.. whew! :D

{I still can't export a sequence properly either. It saves everyframe as nameofmyscene.mxs with no sequence numbers. Then in the maxwell monitor, it say "improper name for an animation" if I try to render it.}

Edit: If you just set it to -output:\\path/foler/file.tga it adds the numbers to the filename.

{Now I'm having a different issue. In my MXC file, I tell it what folder to render to, but that doesn't work (it says file not saved on the nodes), and if I tell it a file name they render over the same file. }

So, I'm network rendering as of now with no issues!!

Thanks!

-Kevin
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]