Everything related to http://resources.maxwellrender.com
By msoon2k
I've got a material that I'm working on and the current previews are hard to see, what's actually going on.

Wanted to load into the Mat preview window, the Simball so I could get a different lighting perspective.
By Half Life
Any Maxwell Scene can be used in MXED -- you need to drop the MXS file into the preview folder (where Maxwell is installed). On my system that is here:

C:\Program Files\Next Limit\Maxwell 3\preview

Although you might want to open the MXS file first and optimize it for preview rendering.
By msoon2k
That's what I thought Half Life. But when I drop it into my preview folder, all the texture paths are gone. It's a pain in the butt trying to get it all linked up again.
Half Life wrote:Any Maxwell Scene can be used in MXED -- you need to drop the MXS file into the preview folder (where Maxwell is installed). On my system that is here:

Although you might want to open the MXS file first and optimize it for preview rendering.
By Half Life
Just take everything you find in this folder:

C:\Program Files\Next Limit\Maxwell 3\library\scenes

Copy it all to this folder:

I use the simball along with many other custom material preview scenes all the time.
By msoon2k
Half Life wrote:Just take everything you find in this folder:

C:\Program Files\Next Limit\Maxwell 3\library\scenes

Copy it all to this folder:

I use the simball along with many other custom material preview scenes all the time.
That's a good tip. I'll give it a shot! Thanks.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]