Everything related to http://resources.maxwellrender.com
By Half Life
Hello,

I am exploring and refining my materials for my videos and I thought it would be nice to share -- I would love helpful hints and crits from the material gurus on the board.

First I'll start with distressed picture frame material:

Took down the zip file to conserve bandwidth for new files.

Best,
Jason.
Last edited by Half Life on Thu May 20, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Half Life
This is a line of 8 colors of realscale tiles based on these real world tiles http://www.granitifiandre.com/porcelain ... s/xtra-xs/ I have edited these from the original post please re-download and replace the old files.

Took down the zip file to conserve bandwidth for new files.

Best,
Jason.
Last edited by Half Life on Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
By djflod
oh i like both of them ... very nice :!:

thanks for sharing :mrgreen:
By macray
just keep 'em coming - the frame material looks great and the tiles are useful but easy to do in Cinema with a shader so I didn't download the tiles.
By Half Life
there's more to the tiles than meets the eye -- and they are fully customizable.

More to come later... I'll be taking down older zip files as I'm using a friends hosting service and I don't want to hog her Bandwidth -- anybody who want to pass these along is free to do so. Maybe somebody wants to create seeds for torrents? I'm to lazy to post materials one at a time to the MXM gallery but I will post packs of related materials before too long.

Best,
Jason.
By Tok_Tok
I don't want to upload someone else's materials with my account. But i think it would be a shame if these materials didn't end up on the MXM site!

So with your permission i can create a new account, upload the materials with that one and pass along the password to you :)

You took the efford to create the materials, i will take the efford to upload them ;)
By Half Life
Since everybody liked the frames I decided to revisit the theme and make a set you can mix or match (multi-material objects) -- there are 2 new materials and the third is and example multi-material version.

I'll give them to Tok_Tok for the MXM Gallery... enjoy.

Best,
Jason.
By Half Life
After seeing what you did I went back and re-worked my tiles -- thank-you for showing this to me. I'll have a set of eight tiles ready to go up later today... the tile and grout colors are very specific as I am matching a real-world line of tiles.

Best,
Jason.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]