Everything related to http://resources.maxwellrender.com
By kami
Thanks a lot for all those materials! I think I can really use them some day.
As I've missed most of the thread I'd like to ask you if you could provide the older files as well? I was only able to find the links for Aluminium, Tiles and Painted walls.
Cheers, kami
By Half Life
I'll have to take them down when my video series comes out but for whatever reason it has been delayed in the editing process so here's the links:

My video series came out so I removed the links

Best,
Jason.
Last edited by Half Life on Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By macray
thanks again... just checking if I missed some and it seems I never saw he glass before...
By tokiop
Nice materials Jason, the tiles are really subtile ! ;)
thanks a lot for sharing !
By Half Life
You are very welcome -- My videos finally came out so I had to remove the links because the materials come free as part of the workfiles in the course. If you are interested follow the link in my sig. Just be aware that because of the very large file size of the workfiles for this series you have to request the files by sending an email here:

onlineuni@vtc.com

They will validate that you are a VTC subscriber and either mail you a DVD if you are based in the US or email you a link to download the files if you are based outside of the US.

Best,
Jason.
By Half Life
I have 2 new small sets on at http://resources.maxwellrender.com... also if you have my picture frame materials you may want to try the updated versions I posted about a week ago.

The "Silk Print" set is showing the possibilities with the RAL Satin Line for those who already have that.

The Bathroom Wall Tiles are the final version of the tiles from page 1 of this thread.

Best,
Jason.
By Half Life
I'm thinking of uploading the RAL lines to the warehouse but it's just such a pain to render out simballs for each line... I'll PM you a link for the carpaint.

Best,
Jason.
By simmsimaging
The car paints work really well -thanks! I'm curious about your approach though: using a <1 IOR and the K value seems to work, but looks (to me) roughly equivalent to higher ND (say around 1.3- 1.5) with no extinction. What's the rationale for doing it this way?

b
By Half Life
I'll have to climb into the "way-back machine" and see if I can recall what I was thinking when I made these... I'll take a look tomorrow and get back to you.

The only thing I remember from the time right now is staring at car paint like a fool everywhere I went for a solid month trying to "see" how I could mimic the look (since the manufacturing process is impossible to replicate within Maxwell)... it doesn't help that car paint formulas change from brand to brand and from year to year.

Best,
Jason.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]