Everything related to http://resources.maxwellrender.com
By macray
just tried the Metal_9011_graphite black and it turns out in a goldish colour.... how come? Did you mix something?
By Half Life
I'm assuming you made no changes? did you apply this material with a plugin? Did you try opening the scene in studio and applying the material there?

It should look exactly as the preview -- but you are the second person I know who has had unexpected problems. I rendered on all of them on the Simball to make absolutely sure they worked properly.

This is why I asked for tests...

Best,
Jason.
By Half Life
Something occurred to me -- the 1.7 version of Maxwell materials required the R2 parameter to be an external file... if the plugin you are using is still using that modality then the material will not look right without an external R2 file.

Best,
Jason.
By macray
all I see inspecting that material is an gold.ior file that is used for 5 BSDFs with different weight and roughness values from 0-40.
no other colors given anywhere so this looks golden everytime I try it, no matter which metal.

(using this via Cinemaxwell)

the other materials render fine as far as I tried them.
By Half Life
The reason I ask is there is no gold IOR file in them -- I set the Nd and K for the Nd and K of gold (like the material wizard) and I think the plugin is doing some sort of auto convert that is killing the material.

Best,
Jason.
By macray
car paint works fine here... but I'll give the metal a short try with the MXED. results will be psted tomorrow.
By macray
found out how to get them back to work: open the material and switch the IOR Modes in every BSDF channel to Custom mode. Then the original settings are used.

(Btw: using the gold.ior on the lower 3 BSDF and something dark on the upper 2 gives some really nice tints to the metal)
By macray
I informed JD and he'll have a look at the plugin and why it behaves that way...
By brodie_geers
I'm confused on the IES lights. I downloaded your mxm files as well as the models. I was hoping I could put the files in the same folder, sort by name, and end up with the .mxm file right next to it's corresponding .3ds model. However the names don't seem to match up? I don't know much about the naming convention so maybe I'm just not understanding?

For example, I thought it would look like this...
erco_33485000_1xtc-d_26w.mxm
erco_33485000_1xtc-d_26w.3ds
erco_33496000_1xhit-de-ce_150w_shield-open.mxm
erco_33496000_1xhit-de-ce_150w_shield-open.3ds
etc.

But none of the mxm's seem to have a corresponding 3ds model with the same name. What am I missing? Is it because I downloaded the English/US zip file for the models? How do you know which model goes with which mxm?

-Brodie
By brodie_geers
I don't really care if they're US or not, really. So which one should I download to match up with the mxm's you created then, "English, Europe 230V/50Hz"?

-Brodie
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]