Everything related to http://resources.maxwellrender.com
By fv
I got some really weird reflections using this material. It seemed as if the reflected facades where curved instead of straight as they where. Also emitters reflected weirdly.
Has anyone else experienced this ?
It took me a while changing my model and checking the glass geometry before I found out. It seemed impossible to have such effects just by the material distorting the reflected geometry as much as that.

Macpro 8core, OSX , Sketchup 7, Maxwell.
By polynurb
yes i have had similar problems.
on some glass surfaces i got very strange reflections/shadows that didn't make sense.
But i used the material without problems on other projects before.
lucky for me the problematic parts were not hit by sun directly, so i could exchange material to real glass on these.
By fv
http://homepage.mac.com/fillieverhoeven ... index.html

to see what is going on.
I get very different (but not good) results when exporting with "transformations" on or off exporting from Sketchup. Also the results differ with different kinds of glass.

The image with brickwork is done with "Sun with Shadows..
The image with square windows is done with lowgradeglassmihai.mxm on the glass where the reflections look curved.

This a problem which is absorbing our budget for this small project.

OSX-Sketchup 7
By polynurb
i can confirm the problem is with bent curved reflections.. i tried rebuilding the mesh several times with same result.
although in my case i would not know what is actually being reflected there..

sun shadow glass
real glass
By fv
and the shadow glass looks very bad as well....

Hope NL has an answer for better or even gorgeous architectural glass.
By Fernando Tella
The first material shows the problem I addressed in the link I posted: a refractive layer + ghost layer = weird results

At the last two pages you have a solution to get fast and good looking glass and water (I think the best we can get without using real glass).

Mihai's low grade glass should not have that problem which is weird. Maybe it also has to do with smoothing. Is there any way in sketchup to control face smoothing?
By Rickyx
Mee too I think can be a smoothing issue.

Open the scene in MStudio, set flat and test it again.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]