Everything related to http://resources.maxwellrender.com
By Tea_Bag
Cheers Rob! :D

@Max - Thanks for the detailed input :D - I would have to agree ref the above oxidized copper and bubinga materials I should of done better - I wasnt happy with the end result either and thats why I havent posted it on the mxm site - Thanks for those comments

I'll have another play and see what results I get - Cheers Max :wink:
By Tea_Bag
Update:

Spent more time on this one - 4 Layer BSDF + Displacement

Oxidized Copper V2 (updated 18/12 due to material looking to flat in colour also enhance secondary oxidized layer (spots)

Tarnished Scratched Copper - 2 Layer BSDF

Tarnished Scratched Brass - 2 Layer BSDF

Last edited by Tea_Bag on Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
By Tea_Bag
Thanks for the kinds words luca much appreciated :oops: :D - All the materials posted here will be shared on the mxm site for all - Once I'm happy with them i'll upload the lot! :wink:
By Maximus3D
Teabag: The new materials and the improved old one's definately look better now. Your new tarnished scratched brass & copper and both good! i could give you a couple of small suggestions for those but they're not really critical for the surface to look and feel real, basically a cosmetic thing. Your new oxidized copper looks better now :) i like it that parts of it shows through the oxide on the surface, only thing there i would change is to give the copper surface which shows through slightly more reflective properties. The bubinga wood is better now, it feels more realistic and not so "simple" as it was before.

/ Max
By Tea_Bag
Thanks Max! 8) - I'm always up for hearing suggetions even the smallest! hehe! - I think I know where you might be going with the cosmetic changes - is it to micro scratches? Edited the oxidized copper with added reflectance and will render shorly! :wink:
By Maximus3D
That sounds good Teabag :) ok here we go.. your copper and brass materials are both good as they are however adding a couple of roughnessmaps on other layers besides the first one will give the surface some more variation both in color and in reflectance. At the moment both your materials seem to have pretty evenly distributed specular highlights on their surface, a bunch of rough looking textures will get rid of this "problem". Take a look at some of my materials, speculars are rarely even and smooth even on pretty clean metals like chrome and such. Dirt and roughness will make the surfaces feel more realistic. Also search for real world exampleimages on Google to see how light behaves when it hits the metal.

/ Max
By Tea_Bag
I'm Pretty impressed Max that you can tell I have a roughness map in only one of the layers!...which I have (Certified for a reason :lol: )
Thanks for the extra advise! I'm looking forward to tweaking the copper and brass materials! :D
By -Adrian
Very good, i like the wood!
By Tea_Bag
Thanks Adrian! The wood will be uploaded to the mxm gallery today so you should see it on in the next day or two! :wink:
Last edited by Tea_Bag on Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]