Everything related to http://resources.maxwellrender.com
By deadalvs
please, NL .

this rating system for the mxm boards needs an update. show the names of the people who rate a material.

i am sick and tired of uploading a material for the contest and getting a ZERO rating as the first rating, just because people can not be seen.

i know people want that mac mini, but this is ashaming...

we want a fair competition, damned, or not ? what's the matter with these users ?

deadalvs
By deadalvs
so this is the christmas spirit ?

if i were NL, i'd stop the competition right today, announce the winner and look for a fair future. this is a total shit ! sorry to use this language, but come on !

deadalvs
By deadalvs
by the way...

i'd like to enter my two new materials to enter the christmas competition...
they're in the new materials list, but not the contest list.

-->
- red wax
- Asators_Drinking_horn

thanks a lot !!!

deadalvs
By deadalvs
i'd give the price to rosario975 with «light christmas» - he was around the top three for half a month and he proved to have the coolest idea.

but stop this nonsense !!

*rrrgg*

:evil: :evil: :evil:

deadalvs
By Thomas An.
... but ... the rating does not matter in the competitions (so it does not matter if some user gave you 0). The final judging is made by the NL staff.
By deadalvs
huh ?

well this ought to be.

but afterwards? the board still is twisted with all kinds of totally wrong ratings.

it just makes me pretty nervous ... :(

[edit...]
dropping again... a rating of 1.67 for a horn material with SSS and translucence map and a nice coating...?? this is just so wrong. this just makes me wanna puke... bye all ...

to those i mean: thanks for kicking out motivated people by just fucking around... You stink.

deadalvs
By deadalvs
thanks NL for moving my materials!

deadalvs
By superbad
I think you've set a record for most replies to one's own thread. Anyway, I agree, the ratings are arbitrary and often bear an inverse relationship to the quality of the material. Some of the highest rated materials look terrible when you put them on a real model. My solution is to ignore the ratings altogether.

Judging by the number of downloads on most materials (and the fact that anyone can sign up), I think these are mainly being downloaded by non-Maxwell users for the purpose of getting free texture maps. And I don't really care how highly some 15 year old rates my material.
By deadalvs
superbad wrote:...and often bear an inverse relationship to the quality of the material...
mathematically precisely observed !

thanks for the reply.

You kill my ratio in this thread... :)

deadalvs
By deadalvs
this here is funny...

first rating of this material that was copied afterwards and put in contest nearly un-altered:

rating 10.00

next rating was a straight 1.00

this gives an ugly 5.5 after two ratings... this is so frustrating !

deadalvs
By Mihai
deadalvs, try not to give so much importance to ratings, yours or somebody elses. Think of this site more as a resource, not a competition. I don't look too much at ratings, just go through the materials and download the ones you find appealing.
By deadalvs
Mihai wrote:deadalvs, try not to give so much importance to ratings, yours or somebody elses. Think of this site more as a resource, not a competition. I don't look too much at ratings, just go through the materials and download the ones you find appealing.
thanks for the words, Mihai.

but this is me. i am very demanding with myself. i want to achieve all as good as possible, especially concerning my hobbies. i don't like compromises and thus i want to see this same ideology in others too... this might be a fault. if i think something i did is ok or even good i want it to be respected by others too! maybe i live in damn utopia !

deadalvs
By deadalvs
i think the easiest solution would be to hide all ratings of the contest materials until the end of the month and just list them by name.

this would make the whole story much much more realistic.

how about this for next months contest ? NL ? Nicole ?

deadalvs
By rivoli
deadalvs wrote: i think the easiest solution would be to hide all ratings of the contest materials until the end of the month and just list them by name.
as thomas said, those ratings won't matter a bit when the guys in madrid make their decisions about who wins and who doesn't. I really can't see this whole rating business as a problem for the contest.
By rosariogigliotta
deadalvs wrote:i'd give the price to rosario975 with «light christmas» - he was around the top three for half a month and he proved to have the coolest idea.

but stop this nonsense !!

*rrrgg*

:evil: :evil: :evil:

deadalvs
before insulting laws here I find your inappropiati and unjust participations

http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/view ... hp?t=20681

and thanks of I compliment
"coolest idea".......CHRISTMAS theme

auguries of new year :wink: :wink: :wink:

what about gpu maxwell q project?

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]