Everything related to http://resources.maxwellrender.com
By Eurofiles
For the longest time I've really been wanting to make an SEM (scanning electron micrograph) material from maxwell that looks realistic and colorful. Shader examples ive seen for vray and mental ray arent always that impressive. Being that maxwell is based on the physicals of real light, is it still possible to achieve this effect? I'm thinking a custom falloff would be required.

So for anyone who is up for it, I think it would be a good material challenge to get as close as possibly to getting this effect down. Below are some examples. In order to test the material, I'd suggest an object with a fine granular bump on it, as well as a larger scale bump.

By Mihai
A good starting point would be Toms velvet tutorial in the tutorial section. You would need an appropriate .r2 file to make this kind of effect.
By Boris Ulzibat
Eurofiles wrote: Being that maxwell is based on the physicals of real light, is it still possible to achieve this effect?
I'm sorry, i may not understand things correctly, but is the Scanning Electron Microscope connected in any way with physics of real light? AFAIK it is not connected with light at all (that's why it is "Electron")...
By tokiop
Yes Boris, I think too.. then we'll have to biase it ! :p

Could do it with a modified velvet like Mihai says..
By Boris Ulzibat
tokiop wrote:Yes Boris, I think too.. then we'll have to biase it ! :p

Could do it with a modified velvet like Mihai says..
Yep, i too think it is the way to do it!
By Eurofiles
The ultimate would be just to make a new Maxwell engine based on the physics of real electrons!

Maxwell Render plugin - "As easy as looking under an electron microscope"
By Boris Ulzibat
Eurofiles wrote:The ultimate would be just to make a new Maxwell engine based on the physics of real electrons!

"As easy as taking a picture of an atom!"
New, next-Generation Quantum Physics based rendering!
By Tim Ellis
Boris Ulzibat wrote:
Eurofiles wrote:The ultimate would be just to make a new Maxwell engine based on the physics of real electrons!

"As easy as taking a picture of an atom!"
New, next-Generation Quantum Physics based rendering!

With a proposed 2025 release of Maxwell Render Pre-cognitive V1.5, the first software to produce renders that haven't even passed the modeling phase yet.

The new unbiased sub-atomic particle accelerated rendering software from Beyond the Next Limit. (Also creators of Un-RealFlow 25, used in the blockbuster film 'Big Bang' made by S.Hawkins Films Inc..)

Maxwell Render pre-cog. "As easy as time travel." :D :D

Tim.
By Boris Ulzibat
Tim Ellis wrote: With a proposed 2025 release of Maxwell Render Pre-cognitive V1.5, the first software to produce renders that haven't even passed the modeling phase yet.

Maxwell Render pre-cog. "As easy as time travel." :D :D

Tim.
Yes! And it must just skip beta-RC-1.00.0.22.445d stages and be available as V1.5 upon release date. It is all about time travel - isn't it?
By Tim Ellis
Boris Ulzibat wrote: Yes! And it must just skip beta-RC-1.00.0.22.445d stages and be available as V1.5 upon release date. It is all about time travel - isn't it?
So yes, we should have it before christmas when the x64bit version is released. :lol:
By Olivier Cugniet
that's pretty nice, but isn't the DOF too much for such a pic ?
By rusteberg
very cool.... my only comment would be to add that surreal glowing
effect you find in the examples of the real things. was there any
particular strand/cell/micro organism (whatever you call it) that you
had in mind when making it?

how was it modelled?
By tom
Very nice looking material Eurofiles! The one on the right is render and it's Maxwell, right? Image

what about gpu maxwell q project?

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]