Everything related to http://resources.maxwellrender.com
User avatar
By Voidmonster
#176632
Thomas An. wrote: Are you on OSx as well ?
Again, I am not sure why it does that (haven't experienced this here yet)
Nope. I'm running under Windows. It's stranger still -- when the MXI background is turned on, there is a background reflected. It's just solid gray. That gray color vanishes if all the channels are disabled.

I wonder if there would be any way to turn the mxi into an .hdr? I've never had any trouble at all with them. (For that matter, I'd like to renew my support for Maxwell supporting .EXR files).

Thanks for the update, I'll give that a run as soon as I'm finished cooking this material. I thought it'd be fun make a nice pseudofractal concrete and upload it to the mxm site.
User avatar
By Voidmonster
#176649
Well... Everything is working now... Just not in the expected way!

I load the new MXS file, and there are no hidden walls... However, now when I re-path the MXI for the background, it works fine.

How very odd!
User avatar
By Thomas An.
#176653
Voidmonster wrote:I load the new MXS file, and there are no hidden walls...
... Thats crazy :shock: ... you see none of that ?
Image
User avatar
By Voidmonster
#176655
Thomas An. wrote:
Voidmonster wrote:I load the new MXS file, and there are no hidden walls...
... Thats crazy :shock: ... you see none of that ?
Image
Nothing after Ground.
User avatar
By tom
#176656
:shock:
User avatar
By Voidmonster
#176693
It would appear that I am, in fact, a loon.

Either that or some cruel trick of caching has been played on me. Either way, I re-re-re-downloaded the file, saved it all fresh and now the environment and walls are working exactly as they should be.

I'm really extremely happy with this as a material sampler for most things.

It would be nice, though, to have some sort of standard scene for testing larger, tiled textures. The concrete material I've not been working on for the last month is specifically designed to overcome the obvious tiling problem for very large surfaces, and there's really no way to show that with this great little material gizmo.
User avatar
By Thomas An.
#176696
Voidmonster wrote:It would be nice, though, to have some sort of standard scene for testing larger, tiled textures.
Good to know it works ... again, I have no idea why you had to experience the poltergeist, but it happens sometimes (I have been there in other occasions)

About the architectural thing. Yes, that would be nice indeed ... I have negligible experience with architecture but if anyone is willing to tackle it I am curious what you guys will come up with. (It would be nice to see an elegant minimalist structure that looks nice and serves well representing architectural type materials)
User avatar
By Dexel
#176768
Thomas,

no clue to the weird settings yet. Maybe for a try you can zip or rar the scene to test if OSX 7z decompression is mixing things up?
As I manually adjust the projectors to your values, I notice that Material (Main) projector 1 is not fully concentric with the sphere surface (y slightly higher than object); not sure if on purpose..
a suggestion: for assigning a two-channel mxm to sphere and ring, the ring also wants a second projector.
mxi environment works fine on OSX (just set paths).
and finally: can you please give me the Ground projector 0 settings too? I "adjusted" them accidentally and obviously there's no way back.

Thank you
S
User avatar
By Dexel
#177355
Thomas,

sorry to bother you with this again. One more assist would be greatly appreciated though..

Seems like the odd projector values are an OSX issue, other Mac users reproduced this over in the OSX thread. I know this is not your department. Yet you might aid me in isolating the flaw when you zip or rar the scene and post it somewhere or per pm if you prefer.

Thank you
S
User avatar
By Dexel
#177369
Thomas,

yes, Untar is my default. Alternatively I use "7zX" or "EZ 7z" utilities. Should not make a big difference as all these employ OSX' built-in compression routines. And I tried all three on the scene, with identical results.

Thanks for the zip file. Unfortunately this way the projectors turn out just the same. And I tried different decompressors here too (Untar, Stuffit Expander, OSX Finder automatic). Seems like it's no compression or OSX system issue, however early this "diagnosis" may be.

Thank you for your time, Thomas. As I recall you are on the A-Team, maybe you can forward this issue to NL with some more effect than others..

Best
S
User avatar
By Thomas An.
#177375
Dexel wrote:Thomas,

yes, Untar is my default. Alternatively I use "7zX" or "EZ 7z" utilities. Should not make a big difference as all these employ OSX' built-in compression routines. And I tried all three on the scene, with identical results.

Thanks for the zip file. Unfortunately this way the projectors turn out just the same. And I tried different decompressors here too (Untar, Stuffit Expander, OSX Finder automatic). Seems like it's no compression or OSX system issue, however early this "diagnosis" may be.

Thank you for your time, Thomas. As I recall you are on the A-Team, maybe you can forward this issue to NL with some more effect than others..

Best
S
Hold on ... this got me curious ... let me send you a completely uncompressed version.

Uncompressed MXS:
http://rapidshare.de/files/28974909/Sta ... 1.mxs.html
As I recall you are on the A-Team ..
Where did you see that ?
User avatar
By Thomas An.
#177378
Dexel wrote: I notice that Material (Main) projector 1 is not fully concentric with the sphere surface (y slightly higher than object)...
If you go to object params and press "center pivot" .... does that bring the projector back to 0 ?
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 8

So far my only option was to ungroup (my group wa[…]

Thanks Miguel I know 5.2+ is a big development hi[…]

SketchUp 2021 Update

Hi Alberto, Many thanks for taking the time to ma[…]

Let's talk about Maxwell 5.2

Features are closed and tested, we are testing p[…]