Everything related to http://resources.maxwellrender.com
By blueplanetdesign
Another couple materials using Thomas An's fine setup...
enameled_porcelain_rev...
enameled_earthenware_with_foil...
By Maximus3D
Whoa! those last two were awesome blue :shock: :o spot on the real look of such a material. How'd you do that ?!

/ Max
By Thomas An.
blueplanetdesign wrote:Another couple materials ...
Perfect 8)
By Richard
Maximus3D wrote:Since i kinda got into this whole material creation thingy now (it's fun) i'm curious to if anyone have any specific requests for materials they would like to have done using free textures from the web. Any requests ? :)

/ Max
For sure mate, as I said before Galvanized Metal seems to have me stumped.

Here is a free map from accustudio:

http://www.accustudio.com/exchange/text ... 4metal.jpg

And as I also said earlier, you are a god!!!!

Cheers Richard
By Richard
Thanks mate but not sure that has it nailed. Seems to need more variance in roughness and contrast. A bit more akin to Maximus's Lead material.

Thanks for that effort thought!
By thxraph
Richard wrote:Thanks mate but not sure that has it nailed. Seems to need more variance in roughness and contrast. A bit more akin to Maximus's Lead material.

Thanks for that effort thought!
you're right... let me update it ;)...the time it cooks

EDIT : UPDATED last one
By Maximus3D
Great looking materials raph :shock: wow, the last one is really outstandingly realistic looking in my eyes :)

Here's what i came up with so far, but it looks cheesy :( i ain't happy with this one at all..

If you guys want all the textures used in this test then leave a note here and i'll post them all when i'm home later tonght as they're free (homebrewed).

/ Max
By blueplanetdesign
a blistered paint treatments...
ImageImage
Last edited by blueplanetdesign on Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Polyxo
Thank you All for sharing your great material setups! A little hint for those, who are attempting to build the perfect fire-galvanized material: These surfaces are never smooth - they will need bump, maybe even layered.

Holger
By Richard
Maximus

Mate I think your almost on the money there mate. Though just a little light and needing a tad more contrast. I've found using this type of material for external renders the result will clean up too much and if too light when reflecting sun it always cleans to white!

Using thxraph's second option as a reference and playing with it a little this is what I came up with! Thanks mate!!!

By Maximus3D

Your material looks pretty good, strong bump there but perhaps that's what the metal looks like in real life. The only thing which needs to be adressed is the too lowres map, you can spot jaggyness (...jaggedness..) in the texture now. But i got a highres one i'm gonna share which i used for my test above.

Good work guys!

blueplanet: Wow those look good! :shock:

/ Max
By Richard
Maximus3D wrote:Thanks :)

Your material looks pretty good, strong bump there but perhaps that's what the metal looks like in real life. The only thing which needs to be adressed is the too lowres map, you can spot jaggyness (...jaggedness..) in the texture now. But i got a highres one i'm gonna share which i used for my test above.

Good work guys!

blueplanet: Wow those look good! :shock:

/ Max
Thank you back mate!

I'm not so stressed about the low res mapping as this is an architectural material and will likely never be used this close up which is much the reason why they clean up so much!
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]