Everything related to http://resources.maxwellrender.com
By Mihai
If you get hit by one, it can have an effect on your health. Although perhaps that's not what the ancient healers ment...
By ivox3
:lol: ...no no, ... I think that's what was meant.
By glypticmax
ivox3 wrote:Hey Max, ..malachite is the stone of ancient healers. fyi... :lol:
Malachite is also one of the few stones used in jewelry that is toxic to the cutters. While being cut copper oxide which makes it green can enter the blood under your finger nails resulting in copper poisoning. The water used to cool and clean the cutting wheels washes over your hands and presto you're poisoned over time. The dust is also very toxic. Not a material for hobbyists to play with.
Good start on the render Max. Not an easy material to capture with Maxwell.
By ivox3
damn. ...and the knowledge keeps rolling in. :lol: thx Larr ...
By glypticmax
Hi Chris,
Check out hematite for healing. Its iron ore. And polishes to a nice contemporary look. I engrave/inlay quite a bit with 23K gold just for extra measure.
I just downloaded Thomas's lastest *universal material render tester object d'art*. I am amazed, stoked, flabberghasted (?) and appreciative.
Wow!
Back to my Jean Cocteau movie. I never get tired of them.
By Thomas An.
Hey guys,

Here is a new old version of this scene :-)
It is basically the same as the original scene but without any unnecessary maps, or materials, and with lower polys. (The mxs size is now less than half what it used to be)

The scene now voxelizes and renders almost instantaneously and it is especially good for fast material previews. I use it as default preview for all my projects.

DOWNLOAD
By sampson
excellent, thanks Thomas.

...interesting looking material editor you have there BTW.
By Gary
Hello Thomas:

Quick question: is that a standard MXED window on a PC? I am on a mac and have never seen MXED look that way....

Gary
By Thomas An.
oh, that is the Rhino material editor. Sorry for the confusion :)
By KurtS
Why does the Rhino users always have a better looking Maxwell GUI? :)

Nice improvement to the mat-scene, Thomas!
By lebbeus
KurtS wrote:Why does the Rhino users always have a better looking Maxwell GUI? :)
because Jeremy loves us :D
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]