Everything related to http://resources.maxwellrender.com
By DELETED
DELETED
By macray
Maximus3D wrote:Since i kinda got into this whole material creation thingy now (it's fun) i'm curious to if anyone have any specific requests for materials they would like to have done using free textures from the web. Any requests ? :)

/ Max
I'd like to have a semitransparent material for the cover of lamps. Something that might be used in a bathroom.
By day it should look like a diffuse white with a little bit of specilarity and by night (when the light behind is switched on) it should act like a semitransparent white thing spreading the light of the lamp behind.

Hope you understand what I mean. Something like this would be fine to see and get as I'd like to use it in a bathroom render. :D
By Thomas An.
Hi all,

Could you check the sky options in this scene on your system ?
If the sky is set to "none" or if the illumination, offset, scale values are 0 ... could you redownload the scene, open the file and let me know if they are still showing zero ?

(I am trying to track this problem about Studio loosing the sky settings)
By Xlars
Thomas An. wrote:Hi all,

Could you check the sky options in this scene on your system ?
If the sky is set to "none" or if the illumination, offset, scale values are 0 ... could you redownload the scene, open the file and let me know if they are still showing zero ?

(I am trying to track this problem about Studio loosing the sky settings)
Hi Thomas,
When I load your scene with no change I get

When making a new material (silver high reflective) and applying it to the Test group of objects and render the scene I also get a dark looking sky reflection.

Do your scene have to be placed anywhere in particular? (I just extracted it to a folder on my desktop for this test)

EDIT: I just noticed that the "Disable Channnel" is on by default (for Backgrond channel)
Last edited by Xlars on Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Thomas An.
Hi Lars,

Thank you for checking !

Everything seems fine ... the only thing is that the texture paths (of the MXI/HDR tab) are still having the directories of my C:\ drive ... it seems you would have to update them manually in all four channels. (I thought studio should do this on its own)

The disable options are correct (the first should be disabled and the other three channels enabled)
By Xlars
Thomas An. wrote:Hi Lars,

Thank you for checking !

Everything seems fine ... the only thing is that the texture paths (of the MXI/HDR tab) are still having the directories of my C:\ drive ... it seems you would have to update them manually in all four channels. (I thought studio should do this on its own)

The disable options are correct (the first should be disabled and the other three channels enabled)
Thanks

Do you mean the path to the mxi file specification in the Reflection, Refraction and Illumination under Sky Options tab?
By Thomas An.
Xlars wrote:Do you mean the path to the mxi file specification in the Reflection, Refraction and Illumination under Sky Options tab?
YES !
By Xlars
Thomas,
You are right. Those paths seems to require manually ajustment to point to your .mxi file. This fixed the problem here.
By blueplanetdesign
Seems like a useful tool...
By trofaster
Hey, no fair putting a picture like that up, and then not sharing the material.

Brilliant leather if i may say so

/r
By Maximus3D
macray, i done some tests and i cannot get a good enough result. Sorry :(

/ Max
By DrMerman
That is one sexy leather :shock:
By blueplanetdesign
Some further experiments...neither fully resolved...both show limitations of textures
and the faulty material setup by me...
frosted glass...
enameled porcelain...with and without spherical panorama illumination
ImageImage
Last edited by blueplanetdesign on Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Thomas An.
blueplanetdesign,

Could you check if the MXI texture (spherical panorama) is properly working in your scenes. You have some awesome materials, but they come out darker then normal.
By blueplanetdesign
Thomas An,

Oh-oh.
Thanks for the heads-up.
If you had not mentioned it, I would have completely overlooked it.
I neglected to check that out when I set up the scene.
I'll repost in a few minutes.
Thanks again Thomas An!

bpd

EDIT:
See the repost above!
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]