Everything related to http://resources.maxwellrender.com
By sam7
:) thanks for your appreciation! :)

Yes... SSS might be a speedkiller... try switching it of... I just think it might come out better at certain angles WITH SSS.

I guess it depends on the scene.

Good Luck! :D
By sensor
Sorry folks, but after almost 2 hours rendering, I can't see enough... :( The effect seems to be there but it's need much (very much) more time to render... I'm trying to tweak your mxm, but I'm not good enough and it's always worse :oops: I think it works well for little spaces, but not for mine: each space have 600m2 and the Litracon is importante for letting the light enter in.
Therefore if anyone have an idea, it would be fine. :roll:
By Fernando Tella
If you are tweaking my material, to make it more translucent you should make the transmittance map whiter, reduce the roughness at the glassy layer and make whiter its weightmap.

Rosario, your material looks too glassy; it should only look translucent when backlighted. Take a look at the images at the projects section of the site.
By tom
Another test, still WIP...
By Tea_Bag
Bloody Hell! Tom :shock: Great Work!!
By sensor
"still WIP?!" :lol:
Well, I LOVE it Tom, it seems to be a little too glassy (maybe because of the angle of the camera, I don't know...) but the effect is 90% good. Anyway, can you verify if your mxm achieve this:

http://www.litracon.hu/gallery-window.p ... parentId=1
"A model in scale 1:33 was made of the prototypes of the material for the competition, because it was the only way to get a clean picture about the inner lighting conditions and the behaviour of the material."
By Thomas An.
Tom thrives on inventive challenges :)

Nice one Tom !
By sam7
Nice Tom!

Though I think your material is maybe still a bit glassy :)

my new render of the szene with more solid walls to get more contrast:

By tom
Thanks for the compliments people :)

This one definitely rocks sam!
Now I checked your mxm and both our setups are very close. Only major difference is I used rough glass instead of SSS. I confirm you came up with more realistic Litracon. Great job!
By sam7
Thanks tom. Good to here that from the MATERIAL MASTER! :wink:

I made a little ~8h test over the night... unfortunatelly it's quite slow, I have to say :(
SL 16.59 but still quite grainy.

This is a ML video

what about gpu maxwell q project?

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]