Everything related to http://resources.maxwellrender.com
By Thomas An.
lebbeus wrote:because Jeremy loves us :D
It is a rare thing ... but for once, here is a software that I have to think real hard to come up with a new wish or enhancement. Jeremy has covered pretty much everything. It's like the Maytag repairman type of thing now.
By iker
Thomas An. wrote:
lebbeus wrote:because Jeremy loves us :D
It is a rare thing ... but for once, here is a software that I have to think real hard to come up with a new wish or enhancement. Jeremy has covered pretty much everything. It's like the Maytag repairman type of thing now.
I completely agree, he's the one that makes his own wishes and surprise us in every version with very useful new tools that nobody expect.

btw/...thanks once again Jeremy ...and thanks to Thomas as well for the enhanced version of the revolutionary material tester :D
By lebbeus
i think it helps that he's also a user

how many times have you received an "upgrade" for another program <cough>autocad<cough> with "improvements" that had to be thought up by someone that doesn't actually use the program??
By kami
lebbeus wrote:i think it helps that he's also a user

how many times have you received an "upgrade" for another program <cough>autocad<cough> with "improvements" that had to be thought up by someone that doesn't actually use the program??
Replace "autocad" with almost every other CAD application ... The only program i'd have to exclude from that list would be rhino.
and together with its great maxwell plugin it makes working efficient and pleasant (who would have thought that ...). Anyway thanks Jeremy for the plugin and thanks thomas for the sim ball.
Since i didn't know how to install it, i unzipped the files into the preview directory, opened the mxs to update the texture paths and saved it. Works fine this way.
By Thomas An.
kami wrote:Since i didn't know how to install it, i unzipped the files into the preview directory, opened the mxs to update the texture paths and saved it. Works fine this way.
Yeah, that's how it works. The only thing I do different is, in the preview folder I create a folder named "Simball-SupportFiles" and there I put everything else except the Simball.mxs file ... then open the Simball.mxs to fix the paths. This way you keep only *.mxs files in the preview folder (for aesthetic reasons) without having it mixed with all kinds of other stuff.
By Mihai
Very nice hyltom :) The thing missing which I really like in Thomas model is the 'ray entrapment' area which gives a good indication how the material will behave in indirect lighting conditions. You could easily add that to your model though.
Note: I created this scene in 2006 and let Maxwell (NL) have exclusive use of it for several years. As the owner and creator of this scene, I later opened the license to anyone (with attribution).
It can now be found here and downloaded:
http://rayflectar.com/p05-Misc/misc.html
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]