Everything related to http://resources.maxwellrender.com
By yves
hi there!
is there a way to set the scale of a texture? If I apply
a texture to a sphere it is way too big...
So far I have not found a way in mxed oder in studio
to set what size the textures has.

thanks for the help!
yves
By JDHill
Hi yves,

When you create the texture, you can set the scale in the texture picker:

Hope that's what you were looking for. :)

JD
By yves
hi JD
Thanks for your reply. Does tyling not simply mean how much tiles there will be? This might certianly be useful, but it would be interesting to know how textures are scaled in relation to their resolution. Or is there no relation between resolution and size? It would also be nice if you could set the tiling within maxwell studio.

greets
yves
By JDHill
Hi yves,

In the texture picker, you can turn on/off tiling for the texture on a global basis, as well as set the tile size/offset using the numeric inputs...global meaning that every object will be affected which uses this texture. Beyond that, you can select an object, and from the bottom of the Object params window, select its projector (or one of its projectors). Then have a look at the Projector params window. There you can set different types of projection, all with the applicable position/orientation/scaling/offset parameters. This will apply to only the object that the projector is attached to.

There is quite alot you can do with this in Studio, I'd suggest playing around a bit and see if you can't understand it better than I'm explaining. For your sphere, (in Studio) try:

- in the texture picker, turn X/Y tiling off
- set the viewport to show Textured Decal
- change the sphere's Projection Type to 'Flat'
- click 'Adjust'
- experiment with the projector Position, Orientation, and U/V scale parameters

JD
By yves
hi JD
Thanks for your support. This all is more clear to ne now.

greet
yves

what about gpu maxwell q project?

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]