Not there yet? Post your work in progress here to receive feedback from the users.
By mjcherry
I'm still refining the textures and thinking about how I'm going to do post on this to create a more photorealistic look. While I'm working on it, please feel free to tell me what's wrong with it or what you would change. The attached image is straight from the renderer with no post work.

Thanks!
By Nasok
Looks pretty cool for!! Love the way you choose your scenes / scenarios ... that is pure art :)

I would consider overriding all materials to the clay one and focusing on a light / shadow .. .as currently it feels like it's lit up pretty evenly .. which is fine .. but it might get a lot more character if that would a have story told by light ..

I'm not interior designer here, but here is my 20 cents .. I think that there is too much roughness screen wise .. and everything is pretty busy .. as you know our eye needs a wresting place .. something less rough, simple, smooth .. empty (i.e.) .. the obvious solution would be to make the wall a bit less detailed ... and also the ceiling (maybe it will be darkened after lighting set up)

Also feels like the scene ends on the left side right outside the camera frustum .. I would, maybe, put a piece of something to give it a feeling that there is actually the rest of the room is behind the camera.

Also maybe you would want to separate a bit the background and a foreground .. via light, or shadow, or DOF ... just to give it a bit more of the air perspective.

P.S. - maybe a bit of dust / god rays would give a bit more character ..
By mjcherry
These are all great suggestions, thank you. I will be photographing two people who will be placed in the scene, one where the stool is and one by the camera. My work is all so dramatic in terms of lighting, I'm trying hard not to be heavy handed with it here, but you're right, it needs more drama. I will use this scene twice, once for an invitation (which is why the easel is there, to put the invite details on it) and once without the easel. Tonight I will focus just on the room itself and the lighting to really get it where I want it.

I would love to add god rays and dust, but I don't know how to do that in the render, volumetrics have been frustrating for me. Though I could do it in post. I will think of all you said, thank you!
By Eduardo G
mjcherry wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:23 am
I'm still refining the textures and thinking about how I'm going to do post on this to create a more photorealistic look. While I'm working on it, please feel free to tell me what's wrong with it or what you would change. The attached image is straight from the renderer with no post work.

Thanks!
As usual awesome work. Really creative! We look forward to see the final result :)
By mjcherry
I redid the plaster walls and changed somethings up a bit. I'm doing two versions, one with the easel (as an invitation so there will be writing on it) and one without that will be my actual finished scene. Let me know if this is better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]