Not there yet? Post your work in progress here to receive feedback from the users.
The geo is critical, but its just 3 sides from a cube arranged in a hexagon grid.
reflector-grid.png
With dispersion disabled, is a 30 second render :)
reflectorgridlowdisc final.png
How can I attach a zip/obj file, (you can instance this file for 2d square surfaces)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Eric Nixon 20170610100005 on Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am using nested dielectric with priority given to the glass (nd 1.43), the chrome has roughness 3
gfgtr.png
I will try to get the instances to line up without a gap, its tricky because the glass has all the geo, but it wont work any other way.

Just using a tiling texture for now, need to find out how to texture the instances as a group, c4d plugin has me baffled.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You need two reflections at the surface, normal map would only give one, the reflections from the surface become rotated 180 due to the double bounce. Notice the reflection of the window...
reflectorgriddisc.png
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]