Not there yet? Post your work in progress here to receive feedback from the users.
By eric nixon
Very convincing images Herve, tiny crit is that the shadows look very dark grey/black, shouldn't there be some color bleed?

Obviously I'm quite jealous and curious about this work, but I also know how much you like to 'hack the matrix' that's the reason I get suspicious, not the jealousy :)

Scans are awesome, did you use photoscan or the bentley thingy?
By Hervé
hey Thanks Folks

well I use no hack.. just some imaginative setup to get what I am after..

bear in mind that Maxwell has no skin sss atm.. so it's not perfect, but it works ok.

I used RealityCapture. for the scan part.

(btw, Eric.. try not to hack the Maxwell forum with octane renders that are not even yours.. thanks for that. )
By Aniki
I thought the cheese was Corona actually.. Octanes sss is even inferior afaik..

Hervé, care to show some blatant lambert greyshade and texturing only?

+1 on the skin shading, Next Limit teased some time ago..

reality capture is THE photogrammetry app nowadays, agreed.
By eric nixon
just some imaginative setup to get what I am after
The problem with that approach, like using thin-sss for solid ojects, is that it only works for certain lighting and certain viewing angles. Its not physically correct...

Also, I dont think mentioning other render engines is taboo, Maxwell's quality is superior.
By Hervé
well glad you mention physically correct.. the model itself is NOT physically correct.. it has no real skin over the flesh and bones, not to forget the under-skin melted greasy part.
So at the end I have to use what works. And so far I think that works. It's called adaptation.

btw, taboo ?/ It's just that this place is a commercial Forum for posting WIP images rendered in Maxwell. Period. If you still need to compare Maxwell with Octane, you can open an off topic thread.
By photomg1
great results !

would have like to have asked why recap 360 over photoscan , but dare not :D
By NicoR44
I already said it on Facebook, but again here Hervè, STUNNING!!!!!! :-)
By Hervé
Thank you Dears .. :D
would have like to have asked why recap 360 over photoscan , but dare not :D
no recap360.. neither Photoscan.. but reality Capture 8)
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]