Not there yet? Post your work in progress here to receive feedback from the users.
By Mihai
I'm not sure what you did there with the masking, but normally you just apply these to a plane. That's all. If you have some vegetation geometry, usually the leaf geometry is some low poly plane as well, so you just apply the material to that. "Front" to the leaf object itself, in the object properties you apply the "Back" material.
By paulo
found the back face, on the object attributes, ah that's way too easy

Thanks, and yes i know i have to rtfm one of these days and take your course :)

rendering now, yep it works great, thanks for your help
Mihai wrote:I'm not sure what you did there with the masking, but normally you just apply these to a plane. That's all. If you have some vegetation geometry, usually the leaf geometry is some low poly plane as well, so you just apply the material to that. "Front" to the leaf object itself, in the object properties you apply the "Back" material.
By Mihai
Added another one, a collection of 7 hedge leaves:

and also a stainless steel brushed material:

That interior uses a very nice scene created by Benoit Bertrand (BBB3viz) which I converted from Corona to Maxwell (and it looks great in Maxwell if I may say so...):

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d- ... ona/932356

Would anyone like to see it in the MZ store?
By NicoR44
Like Hervè you are a material master Mihai! :-)
I would love to see you create an extruded aluminum profile material like this:

Would be great for my new simulator setup:

By NicoR44
Are these materials backwards compatible Mihai?
Still running 2.7.20.0 here :oops:
By Mihai
Ah, no sorry Curt. It's mentioned on the product page it's compatible with 3 and up. But you could recreate the material in V2.7 using the same maps. You can download the V3 demo to look at the material, or I can PM you screenshots of the settings.
By NicoR44
Ah cheers :-) will do.
And of course, I really need to get te latest version :-)
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]