Not there yet? Post your work in progress here to receive feedback from the users.
Hi guys,

I've been using Maxwell for a long time but..... I'm thinking about rendering the inside of a refrigerator, but trying to get any tips or tricks from other Maxwell users. Dealing with noise from the inside of a gloss white refrigerator is the obvious problem, but does anyone have any advice? Render it slightly grey and then adjust the exposure maybe? Ideally it would be nice to render with food props in place, but it seams that most frig interior "photos" are composited in photoshop so am I wasting time trying to do it as one render?

Thanks!
This could have been problematic before the additive fix - you could quickly get very noisy materials if you wanted a shiny very white plastic done in additive mode. But things are much improved now so you shouldn't have too much of a problem with noise. Also, like you said you don't need to start with a very bright white, about 215 or so and you can always change its exposure using a custom alpha in post, and or do the same with noise reduction. If you get isolated very bright specks of noise here and there, the filter Noise>Dust & Scratches in PS is actually very good at removing those without touching the overall crispness of the render.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]