Not there yet? Post your work in progress here to receive feedback from the users.
By NicoR44
It would be great to see more Works In Progress next year, this year only 14 :-(
By will
I think the greatness has worn off of Maxwell until its next major upgrade.
Most popular render engines have GPU or GPU+CPU engines ala cuda cores.
Most people don't have render farms with multi core zeon workstations.

I think it's great and I think it has a great future.
Redshift and other GPU based engines are getting a lot of attention because they run faster on cheaper cards.
To me Maxwell is the best to hop in and get into fast.
I love the way its set up.The material Editor.Studio.Render.

It would be great if Maxwell bought Silo and then Next limit would be complete.
They would have modeling,rendering.materials,dynamics with Realflow..
By jc4d
NicoR44 wrote:It would be great to see more Works In Progress next year, this year only 14 :-(
True, but the speed (to me) is the issue here, like Will said, almost the rest of the engines out there has gpu and it´s cheaper to buy a good card than another computer.
I honestly stopped using maxwellrender very very long time ago until it gets gpu support (sadly :()
By RobMitchell
Maxwell has also taken a huge hit in my current workflow. I just can't afford the time it takes to render and I'm still never 100% confident it's going to turn out correctly after that long render time. I feel multiple other engines have caught up. Would love to be using it more though.
By Tea_Bag
This was posted in Aug 2014 just imagine where its at now? I'm hoping we will see it in V4 :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VHzONYfgUg

Also this was a quote from a Beta Announcement
We have just uploaded a new version of Maxwell Render to the Download Area in the Customer Gateway! It is 3.2.1.0 (this will never happen again, he he)
Does that mean V3 development will stop at 3.2.1.0? and V4 will be the next big release? :)
By will
Tea_Bag wrote:This was posted in Aug 2014 just imagine where its at now? I'm hoping we will see it in V4 :D

We have just uploaded a new version of Maxwell Render to the Download Area in the Customer Gateway! It is 3.2.1.0 (this will never happen again, he he)
Does that mean V3 development will stop at 3.2.1.0? and V4 will be the next big release? :)

I think my heart skipped a few beats when I read your post.....
By NicoR44
will wrote:
Tea_Bag wrote:This was posted in Aug 2014 just imagine where its at now? I'm hoping we will see it in V4 :D

I think my heart skipped a few beats when I read your post.....
woow...
By burnin
I remember when Maxwell was still alpha & beta, active at the front of development, then slowly things have changed to a steady snail-pace rhythm (at least in rendering area) while some others have grown wings. All the time passed and the only critic you got for the engine was: "Slow." (yet not many things changed). In 2012 we witnessed the revolution in GPU tech and the "Next Limit" since became the "Endless Limit" at least concerning time clients invest in rendering. :( Even so seems as the company is not taking the industry seriously and feels fine in the comfort of it's bubble. Don't know how I can motivate those which used to inspire me... Maybe competition will. Just don't follow the road to apathy.

As many probably know: Octane is preparing for 3.0 release.
Some of more interesting things to look at:
- OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.00 alpha 1 > https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic ... 33&t=51681
- new features of OctaneRender™ 3.00 > https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic ... 33&t=51679
By feynman
The need for speed is greater than ever before, as client pressure mounts and too many render artists compete. Without a speed break-through, GPU enabled, where will it all end up?
By eric nixon
Grass is always greener.. huh guys?

All unbiased renderers can be slow with interiors, all unbiased renderers require extra attention to realism in certain areas to get a good result.
All suffer from the caustics issue.

Octane gives you a realtime viewport if thats a good thing, (I prefer opengl), but it cant handle large scenes due to the ram limitation of gpu, and the render quality is not on par with maxwell.

For product shots and auto stuff maxwell3 is very fast if you know what your doing.

What you can say is that the documentation is awful, and there are still some bugs.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]