Not there yet? Post your work in progress here to receive feedback from the users.
By NicoR44
That last one looks almost perfect!

this one:
Last edited by NicoR44 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By choo-chee
WOW !
If you ever think about posting a short tutorial how to achieve a material like this I'll be thankful.
By rusteberg
i think the single sided sss density you've established works well with the cypress, but not so much with the seasonal. I would focus on transmittance first: get that looking right, then fine tune your scattering // assym values - of course this gets compounded by variation // material id // backside id // approach to natural // etc.
By rusteberg
assuming all tests were done with the same physical sky, the seasonal trees seem to be overexposed in tests while the cypress seems to be relatively equalized. good practice is to establish an equilibrium if you are aiming at a common comparison.
By eric nixon
Maybe try something smaller with less polygons, you could create quicker more exact tests and really learn how the material works , and then attempt a tree later?
By paperless
Erik:
for me the material (leaf) is ok.
but its behavior changes with the geometry of the leaf. The more detailed the better leaf behaves. But I want to have a tree not very heavy polygons. My tests are now on the tree geometry.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]