Not there yet? Post your work in progress here to receive feedback from the users.
By numerobis
are you kidding?!?
And now the same thing seen from above the water or through the glass... :roll:

(and there is this very annoying hard noise of reflected causics on interiors (from metals etc.)
Last edited by numerobis on Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seghier, the problem he is talking about is sun caustics seen through dielectrics which in fact work but get clean around SL32 with normal sun radius. I think it's a problem that comes with all raytracers: the probabilities that the rays emitted from the camera bounces, gets refracted twice and reaches a very far and very small emitter as is the sun are very small.
By numerobis
seghier wrote: numerobis didn't precise what he mean , he sayed "caustics"
what is not precise on "working caustics"?!? They do not work. And i think you should be aware of this problem if you're working with maxwell since 2006 - therefore i don't understand your reply with directly seen caustics...
By numerobis
seghier wrote:are you mean caustics generated by window's glass ?
and who need caustics generated by windows ! for interior renders
thanks ; i don't want this thread become discussion about caustics
:?:
There is no difference if they are seen through glass or water. And i never said anything about refractive caustics especially for interiors, but yes, they are needed there too...
And btw. i never wanted to start a discussion about caustics! You started the discussion by posting your misleading examples... i only said that i would prefer to get a fix for these very old big basic problems first before such fancy additions will be implemented!
By Bubbaloo
numerobis wrote:speaking about realism i really would prefer to get working caustics first... after almost 10 years :roll:
To be fair, you said caustics don't work. You said nothing of reflected caustics through dielectric. Obviously seghier's native language is not english, so maybe there is only a misunderstanding here and ample reason to get those bound up panties loosened. :lol:
By numerobis
Bubbaloo wrote: To be fair, you said caustics don't work. You said nothing of reflected caustics through dielectric
refracted caustics through dielectrics would be enough to begin with :wink:
By seghier
Bubbaloo wrote: To be fair, you said caustics don't work. You said nothing of reflected caustics through dielectric. Obviously seghier's native language is not english, so maybe there is only a misunderstanding here and ample reason to get those bound up panties loosened. :lol:
:D

a new tests

the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]