Not there yet? Post your work in progress here to receive feedback from the users.
By NicoR44
Hi all,

It has been to long since I posted anything, but the past year have been a madhouse here at the office..
Anyway, this Simulator and other things have been keeping me very busy :-)

By Nasok
Looks great. However I think that a little "material separation" would be a good addition.

I would add an overall texture (maybe to the bump or roughness) to make plastic a bit less perfect. I think also it's a good idea to reduce brightness of the screens and desat. them a bit. Maybe some AO from them would also be quite cool. A little more decals would give more "out of lab" look. I would "paint" serial number on the side, or model reference, or project name or what ever, just to identify and show that maybe this is one of 10 samples. I think it will add that "man made" look and feel.

That's my 50c :)
By NicoR44
Thanks Nasok!

Great suggestions, I think I will use a version number as a decal!
I'm not sure what type of texture to use on the body to get that uneven look, I might check the MXM Gallery for that.
Any suggestions on that are more than welcome by the way

By the way.. I love your work Nasok!

Here is one more I did yesterday, more realistic panel lighting, and a few reference photos:

By NicoR44
This thread is now open for other as well ( to comment ) I totally forgot to set it to "open for comments" :-) this is now corrected.
Please line up in rows of 10 :-)
By NicoR44
Little by little adding more detail:

Last edited by NicoR44 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Mihai
Hey Nico, your models are really great as always, I just think the lighting and grey floor is kind of boring. Have a look at marketing material for hospital equipment like MRI scanners etc. to get some inspiration on how to give these renders some oomph. Like:
ge-lightspeed-qxi-quad-ct.jpg
Banner5.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By NicoR44
Ah yes indeed Mihai, I'll make some like that as well.
Thanks!
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]