Not there yet? Post your work in progress here to receive feedback from the users.
By acrighton
New image added....different backplate, non metallic paint.

First image. BMW model from Grabcad, backplate & HDRI courtesy of Moofe.

C&C welcome.

Last edited by acrighton on Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By RobMitchell
Try copy and pasting this formula into your first post, should work:
Code: Select all
[img]http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab273/acrighton1/BMW-Z8Final_zps26309e95.png[/img]
I really like the clarity of the image and you've done a great job compositing the render onto the backplate realisticly (something I've always found very difficult to do). One thing I will say is I feel the underside of the car and wheels should look more "shadowy," to better blend the CGI and photography together and really ground the car. Not many other issues that I can see, technically, but it's not a very exciting render. It's a nice image overall I just think the whole thing looks very plain.

Would love to see that model and those materials in a more varied environment. :) Keep it up!
By acrighton
Rob,

Thanks for pointing out the 'img' code thing, I messed it up when I 1st posted. I agree on the compositing thing, not the easiest thing to do, and requires a little experimentation, and post processing to make it as convincing as I can.

I agree the image is a little plain, some of which I attribute to the choice of backplate/HDRI, there's not a lot going on there. Perhaps a slightly more reflective surface for the body and wheels would allow it to pop a little more? And a little additional shaddow added as you suggest.

So, I pack up my z8 off the Icelandic beach and take it to a more appropriate destination. A convertable in Iceland was a bad idea :-). More to follow...

Thanks for the comments, this was my 1st image posted here, after seeing some of the mind-blowing architectural stuff on the Maxwell gallery, it took we a while to pick up enough courage to post my own image.
By acrighton
Well, what a difference a change in HDRI makes :-)

By RobMitchell
That's a massive improvement already in my opinion! Shows off a lot more detail in certain areas (ie. the rivets on the indicator lights are more visable now) and really starts to bring out the curvature of the car body. Good job.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]