Not there yet? Post your work in progress here to receive feedback from the users.
By photomg1
That it is a slightly dishonest comparison? That a dev from another renderer is trying to blow their own trumpet . I even laughed at the disclaimer if he was that unsure of what he was doing he woulnt have posted it.

Wish they had just been more thorough and honest it would have stood them in a better light instead I think its a cheap shot and doesn't leave me thinking very much of that dev.

those caustics start to appear at about sl 15 , they start to firm up at about sl20 .Might post the one I have cooking later I'm interested in what sl it becomes as clean as what they have shown.

What I wish they had done is be honest and say that with vcm there is a massive speed up in getting those types of caustics .They could have shown a render from both and the times needed to achieve a comparable result. That would have been far more interesting, respectful and honest.As the reality is at the moment you would need a very high sl which would take a very long time for maxwell to compete.

With regards to vcm in the maxwell v3 thread Juan Canada posted some links which show vcm, I did pick out vcm as pixar,vray, and corona have implemented it but didn't get a reply when I asked what he thought about. :(

[url]http://cgg.mff.cuni.cz/~jaroslav/papers ... ourse/[url]
By photomg1
here you are, I needed to get on with some work so I stopped the render :D I didn't have his scene so I mocked a quick version up.It still needs a lot longer but I didn't have another 4-5 hrs to kill.

this was after 1 hour sl21

By Aniki
Just what I thought, thanks for the efforts, I was never in doubt something fishy was going on here..

Funny to see the people getting so desperate to pin others in this shade..
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]