Not there yet? Post your work in progress here to receive feedback from the users.
By seghier
Hello
i tried to create volumetric light with real settings
in the air we see very small hair and dust ; i create volume hair in blender using particle modifier
i will mix two system hair and particle to get real result
this is my first try with hair only
i hope in future maxwell team allow more precision for units / the minimum radius or scale is ( 0,001) and replace comma (,) with point (.)
i attach the scene with three particle system ; the third particle system have thin hair
sl 12.64 render time : 3 hrs
http://yadi.sk/d/qymm0eTi5isoU
By Mihai
Replacing comma with point depends on your system settings actually, so if you change that you can use dot instead of comma. In Win7 at least, you ahve to go to Region and Language>Change the date,time, or number format. From this pop-up you have "Additional settings" towards the bottom. Here you need to change the "Decimal symbol" from comma to dot.
By zdeno
I tried this too long time ago. This approach is useless. Try motion blur instead or sss , or at least uncheck this "dust" from GI computation
By zdeno
of course if this is your goal what I can see in this picture then yes. it is good and the most physical correct way to do this.
but there should be much bigger resolution and then resize it down to achieve some soft volume instead of this "noise" when one pixel is bright and another is not brighr at all. In real life no one can see one single "dust particle" .

edit: now it looks more like confetti than volume light
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]