Not there yet? Post your work in progress here to receive feedback from the users.
By Cloudman
Hi All

Here're a couple of tests for a "lifestyle" shot of a new digital radio we've designed for Revo. I'm more used to studio shots so this is a bit of a departure for me. The books are from Model+Model.....they have some really nice props. I've run these tests through Aperture to give them a more film-like quality (to dirty them up a bit and look less CGI).

I think the perspective shot needs an emitter on the right to add a little detail. There will be a colour screen image applied to the final images. Comments would be welcome.

By dariolanza
Hi Cloudman,

Finally how did you managed to use the Model+Model objects? Via 3DSMax?

About the renders: I'm finding the lighting not very natural, too frontal and too intense (the bright areas of the wall are going fast to white).

I would work on the lighting now, providing a more global illumination look, rather than this one-point-light look, that looks a bit CG.

Related to this, I find the dark sides of the radio (in the first render the side and bottom faces) too black, with no detail, glossiness or reflections.

I think that working on the lighting, you will also get some nice detail there.

Anyway, very good job.

Cheers!

Dario Lanza
By Cloudman
Agree....it's lacking detail at the moment. Also agree that the lighting is a bit too studio like.....I'll look at some global illumination solutions.

The guy at Model+Model was very helpful and did the translation for me through 3DSMax.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]